We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip with Grandmas

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Topic
Last minute trip with Grandmas

Looking to bring my two grandmothers to Dallas for the Easter weekend. There will be 5 of us ladies in all. Are there any neat exhibits or shows right now? I don't think they have much interest in shopping. A nice dinner or two would be good. Really, I'm mainly looking for some 'entertainment' on Saturday. We would probably get up and do brunch on Sunday and head back out of town. Any suggestions?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute trip with Grandmas

Rise No1 sounds perfect for the occasion - call now and hopefully you'll be able to still secure a reservation. http://www.risesouffle.com/

Dallas Blooms at the Arboretum would be very nice (weather permitting) and they also have an Easter Brunch. dallasarboretum.org/DallasBlooms/index.htm

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute trip with Grandmas

What about the Dallas Museum of Art? There is currently a Chagall exhibit on that is not showing anywhere else in the U.S. And Dallas Blooms, of course!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute trip with Grandmas

As much as I love the Arboretum, Easter weekend will be a zoo.

4. Re: Last minute trip with Grandmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, March 28, 2013
Edited: 10:35 am, March 28, 2013
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,666 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute trip with Grandmas

Arboretum will be a zoo!! Maybe take them to the zoo instead...they can feed the giraffes at Dallas Zoo.

Texas Discovery Gardens are decent and much more natural than Arboretum. Plus TDG has the butterfly atrium - we enjoy it.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute trip with Grandmas

The weather forecast is currently calling for 30% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday. If you do decide on something outside like the Arboretum, you should probably have some kind of indoor activity selected as a back-up plan in case it does rain.

I see someone already suggested the Dallas Museum of Art. The Chagall exhibit is very good. I've actually been through it several times since it opened. Besides his paintings and some of his sculptures, the exhibit features some of the costumes he designed for a 1942 ballet. The costumes haven't been seen in the US since the ballet was performed. And, as already mentioned, this is the only place in the US that the exhibit will be shown.

7. Re: Last minute trip with Grandmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2014