We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for restaurants & hotels

NC
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Need suggestions for restaurants & hotels

We are taking a road trip this summer and on our return home to NC, we will be going through Dallas to spend a couple of days. I need some suggestions on hotels and restaurants. We are very particular about both of these. We enjoy 4-5 star hotels & restaurants, but I'm not sure about the area to stay in. Hubby gets a corporate discount with the Hilton chain hotels, so we prefer those, but are definitely open to anything else that is local to the city.

We also love nice restaurants. We are not steak eaters; however, if there is a nice steakhouse that also serves seafood and chicken, that would be great. We do love trying local restaurants when traveling and try to avoid chain restaurants as much as possible. Any suggestions on nice places to eat would be great!

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions for restaurants & hotels

You might like the Hilton Park Cities. It's in a quiet area off the tollroad and Northwest Hwy. You could walk to Preston Center where you'll find many independent restaurants: Spoon, Blue Plate, Taco Diner.

Some other restaurants to consider are: FT33, Oak, Nonna, Stampede 66, Samar, Bolsa, Central 214.

NC
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions for restaurants & hotels

Oh, wow! Those menus look amazing!! Thank you for all of those suggestions!

Hilton Park Cities looks fabulous too! I know we would really like being close enough to walk to shops and restaurants. I will show all of these to my hubby. It's going to be hard to choose a restaurant with all these excellent menus to choose from.

Thank you again!!!

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need suggestions for restaurants & hotels

I will say avoid the Hilton at the airport. It is tired and needs some love. There is the Gaylord Hotel - close to nice dining in Grapevine. Mi Dia From Scratch and Bob's Chop House are two of my favorites in the area. Grapevinew is close to the Texas Rangers and Lake Grapevine. IF you want downtown Dallas Hotel ZaZa is fun with a nice dining inside the hotel. There is a private bar upstairs that is fun. Wolf Gang Puck has a new place with a great view of the Dallas skyline.

www.hotelzaza.com/#dallas…

marriott.com/hotels/…

Hope that helps

NC
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need suggestions for restaurants & hotels

Adding more excellent choices to our lists! These won't be easy decisions with so many great places to choose from. Thank you so much for the suggestions! Thank you for also letting me know which Hilton to avoid!

5. Re: Need suggestions for restaurants & hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 22, 2014