We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip (Memphis - Dallas)

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Road Trip (Memphis - Dallas)

Hello everyone,

Can I ask your thoughts regarding a roadtrip from Memphis to Dallas?

I plan to fly into Memphis, stay 2 nights and rent a car to get to Dallas. I also plan to do this through Arkansas (is Little Rock the best option to spend the night?). Any other thoughts?

Are there any sites or places that you recommend to see?

Should I be concerned with violence when driving around such areas?

Many thanks in advance,

Alan

ARLINGTON, TX
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip (Memphis - Dallas)

Hot Springs, AR is cool place to spend the night. About halfway. Hotel, food, drink and gambling. Stay at the historic Arlington Hotel if you want a relaxing change of pace. Shopping aplenty. Beautiful national park.

ARLINGTON, TX
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road Trip (Memphis - Dallas)

Violence is not a concern. South Dallas is a high crime area but nothing to see there anyway. Anyplace you go it only takes one crazy. Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas are probably some of the most friendly people you will meet.

3. Re: Road Trip (Memphis - Dallas)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 15, 2014