We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin City Center Dallas--things to do?

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
10 posts
Save Topic
Westin City Center Dallas--things to do?

I will be staying at the Westin City Center in Dallas for work, so I'll have free evenings. Are there any fun things to do around there where I won't have to take a taxi? Also, is it a safe area? Any help would be great!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin City Center Dallas--things to do?

You will be right by the DART light rail and that can take you to many places including the West End and Mockingbird Station with the Angelika Film Center and many little restaurants. If you tkae DART to Cityplace Station, you can ride the M-Line trolley all over the Uptown area and find interesting restaurants and shops.You will be close to the Dallas Museum of Art, the Majestic Theatre and the Meyerson Center (symphony) as well as some good restuarants and bars. If you read past posts about nightlife downtown, there are lots of ideas and suggestions. It is safe in that it isn't a high crime area. However, downtown Dallas will seem fairly dead at night compared to NYC. Please don't let that discourage you from checking things out. Downtown Dallas and surrounding areas are making progress and you will find plenty to keep you occupied without using taxis.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,595 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin City Center Dallas--things to do?

Dallas Museum of Art has a late night on Fridays once/month (midnight) and is open late on Thurs nights (9pm and free).

The Nasher Sculpture Center is open late on Thurs (9pm again) and has another late night on some Saturdays.

Taking the DART train to Mockingbird Station is a great idea.

You could also walk down to Stephan Pyles Restaurant and people watch - have a pina diablo cocktail...they have a bit of a kick!!!