We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is better hotel

Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which is better hotel

Which is the better hotel the Anatole or the Doubletree market center

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is better hotel

My vote is on Anatole. More luxurious!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which is better hotel

The Anatole is doing a complete remodel of all their rooms. The rooms that have not been upgraded are not being used, so don't worry that you will get an "old" one. We stayed there recently and were very pleased with our updated room. Plus, Wolfgang Puck's Five Sixty Restaurant is at the top of the iconic tower at the Anatole. You get a lovely view of Dallas while dining or having a cocktail. My vote is for the Anatole.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which is better hotel

The Anatole gets my vote, too.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which is better hotel

Oops, I stayed at the Hyatt Regency, not the Anatole. Forget my post. I do like the Anatole :) Sorry!

Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: which is better hotel

How far is the Anatole from downtown? We are renting a car.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which is better hotel

It's 3 miles to the Convention Center which is on the outskirts of downtown.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,956 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which is better hotel

Well...not sure if it matters to you, but the parking at Anatole has a charge (not sure what it is; probably at least $20/night). Lately I've been happier if the room has a fridge and microwave since I like to have my Greek yogurt.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which is better hotel

I'm so glad you corrected your post that the Wolfgang Puck's and the Tower are at the Regency. I was having a Twilight Zone moment!

So surprised that the Anatole is now charging for parking. One can understand a downtown hotel, limited space, etc., but the Anatole has a huge surface lot. I wouldn't stay there and pay for parking.

9. Re: which is better hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, December 16, 2013