We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uptown Dallas

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Uptown Dallas

I've heard that Uptown Dallas is the best place to stay for restaurants and bars - is this the actual name of an area??? Or where would you suggest we stay for an adults night out??

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,801 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uptown Dallas

You could stay at the ZaZa, Crescent, or Ritz Carlton. All are along McKinney Ave which is the heart of Uptown.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uptown Dallas

Uptown is the actual name of the area but its does contain more than one neighborhood so I wouldn't assume that the entire area is walkable unless you're willing to sweat it out. The above suggestions would fare great for an adults night out. Considering you're from Houston i'll assume you'll be driving so you could even stay at the Stoneleigh which would still put you in the area and is another great hotel. You can take a look at the West Village area of Uptown which would probably be more suitable for any shopping you might do during your trip.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uptown Dallas

Agree with both Pepper's and AHSPAO's suggestions.

Can only add that while the West Village is good for shopping and restaurants, I don't think it offers a lot in the way of bars/nightclubs.

I don't go to bars/clubs much, so while I know where there are areas that have a lot of them, I cannot attest to what they are like or the clientele they cater to.

There are a number of clubs/bars in the Deep Ellum area, though that area went through a big transition a few years ago and I am not real up on its current club scenes these days.

Likewise with lower Greenvillle. It still offers a number of bars/clubs/restaurants. Some of thse restaurants are great, but haven't really been to any of the bars/clubs in the area, though there are a lot of them in the vicinity.

Hope this has helped.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,089 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uptown Dallas

The Uptown neighborhood would be a good choice. Lots of bars and restaurants in a walkable neighborhood. I agree with the hotel ZaZa recommendation. The hotel bar turns into a club scene, including the pool bar.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uptown Dallas

There are a lot of bars in the Uptown area - McKinney Avenue comes alive late at night with a crush of people, cabs, cars and women staggering around in high heels... And not far from Uptown you can find an incredible array of great food along Knox and Henderson. If you have a car, all of this is within ten minutes...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uptown Dallas

Thank you all so much! We not clubbers as such but we do like to take in the local bars so I feel McKinney is where we need to be???

7. Re: Uptown Dallas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, June 23, 2013