We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dallas trip-FUN!

Georgia
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dallas trip-FUN!

I just got back on my trip from Dallas with my husband and twins. We had an amazing time. We visited the Dallas world aquarium and it was AWESOME! The only thing was is there was a school field trip there. But they didn't ruin our time. We also visited the Fort Worth Zoo wich was so much fun! I think me and my husband had more fun than our children! Also, if you are planning a trip to Dallas with children and want to stay our of the downtown area and all the Bradford Homesuites located in Dallas-Addison are was great! They have a kitchenette and all. Also if you take the access road (going back toward town)and go down two blocks take a right at that redlight there are so many places to eat from!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dallas trip-FUN!

Thanks for letting us know how your visit was. We love hearing back from folks!

Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dallas trip-FUN!

We're going to Dallas/Ft. Worth at the end of the month w/our 6&8 year old - any other tips would be great! Thanks in advance.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dallas trip-FUN!

I like Ft Worth the best:

The zoo, of course...and the mini train ride located near the entrance - the Forest Park Train - it goes along the river and into the park where it stops so you can get popcorn and soda.

The Botanical Garden has the Japanese Garden where your kids will have fun feeding the koi - bring quarters.

Lots of good eats around the area on University, just south of I-30: Macaroni Grill, Cafe Express (in shopping center).

If you'll have a car, a trip out to Dinosaur Valley St Park might be fun for the kids. There are fossilized dino tracks in the river bed. You can visit Fossil Rim while you're out there - it's an African-type drive-through safari park where you can feed the animals. The giraffes are the big attraction.

In Dallas:

We like to hang out on Knox St - eat Hot Dogs and frozen custard at Harry's, then walk down down to Froggies - cool toy store.

Dallas World Aquarium is always good - in the West End.

Fair Park has Museum of Natural History and Science Place.

Ice Skating at the Galleria or the Westin downtown.

Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dallas trip-FUN!

Fabulous - thanks so much for the great advice and quick response!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dallas trip-FUN!

Six Flags is located in Arlington and is great fun also. I always loved going this time of year because its not so hot. Thye are only open Fri, Sat and Sunday for now. Here is the website:

sixflags.com/parks/…index.asp

new jersey
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dallas trip-FUN!

The Fort Worth stockyards are interesting to wander around seeing what life was like at a different time. Check out the website at www.fortworthstockyards.org