We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Tromso, Norway
9 posts
Save Topic
Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Hello.!

First trip to the US.!

Where can i find a good dude ranch near Dallas- Fort worth?

I've been looking all over google and no luck.!

The people i've been asking have been rude and mean, And they don't really wanna help.! I'm trying to make this a birthday present for my dad and as me and my dad love Texas, i wanna take him over there so that he can relax and have fun at the same time.!

My boyfriend is coming with us, so we are 3 people that are going.!

If there ain't any Dude ranch near Dallas or Fort Worth, i wanna look for a hotel ( not an Inn or a Motel ).! I just want the best for my dad.!

For me i just wanna have fun and if it's horses there i will have even more fun.!

Please help me since no one else can or will.!!

-Isabel

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

I stopped getting it a couple of days ago. lol

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Yes, I was beginning to lose track, but the last post really threw me.

It may be language issues as the poster is not a native-English speaker.

Isabel, your writing style is a bit difficult for me to read and I'm giving you some information about English writing that might be helpful to you. I am not trying to be offensive, but trying to help you be more clear in your writing.

You might note that we use either a period (.) or an exclamation (!) at the end of sentences, but not both. We tend to use exclamations much more rarely than periods, as if you exclaim about everything, people don't know what is really meaningful. In English, you never use more than one exclamation when writing, but some people do it for some kind of effect. It is not grammatically correct.

Sincerely, I hope this is not taken amiss by you or other board posters.

Tromso, Norway
9 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Well first of all, i thought this was a site where people can ask questions and answer them, and not judging people about how they write.

And if you didn't get what i wrote or what i was asking about, then why answer.( Not a question ) I have been asking people for many years now about places in texas, and i have only met some people that don't judge. I don't say that you people are mean, but come on, this is a site where people can ask other people for help. Like a TripAdvisor. You guys have been helping me more then anyone else have done. And i thank you all for that. But let me take it like this:

I was thinking about staying at a dude ranch, but then i thought my dad maybe didn't want that so maybe i should ask you for what hotel is "best", and so i did.Then i thought about boots, because we in norway don't have good "cheap" boots. And we really don't have any western clothing. I also told you my budget ( but forgot to tell you how much i had for pocket money ) I have always wanted to see the rodeo in real life, so i thought i ask about that too. I'm sorry if you didn't understand my (.)(!) at the end of every sentences, i kinda do that all the time, even when i write norwegian. I don't wanna be rude, i just want my questions to be answerd. And i'm really new to this site so i don't know where to ask my questions. But i must say thanks for telling me about the (.) and (!), because i didn't know that. Hehe

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

I thought long and hard about writing my last post and now I wish I hadn't. There's just no telling how people will take things, and frankly, until just this moment, i forgot we can communicate privately. But that's something that I've never initiated, so it's not a tool that came to mind.

Again, I apologize. I was hoping you'd take my post in the spirit it was written, but due to possible language barriers, etc., I knew it was a risk. Hopefully, I've learned my lesson, and won't do so again.

Edited: 8:09 pm, February 12, 2012
dallas
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

This sounds ridiculous. People are trying to help you, get off your high horse.

Sandhurst, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Hi all

Was hoping to join this conversation as my husband and I are visiting Dallas in June and I have the same kind of quesitons as our Norwegian friend has been asking. I just hope this thread carries on as it's very useful to those of us who are thousands of miles away and really value the opinions, comments and suggestions of natives or those who've travelled to the place we want to visit. I hope a little language barrier doesn't put everyone off as I have some questions too.

My husband and I are looking to stay for about 3-4 days in June before flying off somewhere else and I've been looking into rodeos at Stockyards and accomodation nearby. We also want to do a trail ride whilst there and wonder if anyone can recommend somewhere that does rides without you having to be a guest - I had a bad experience with a ranch I found on the internet in Humble when I was thrown off a badly behaved horse into a tree and the people there couldn't wait to get me off the ranch, not even worrying about whether I was ok or not so I'm keen to make sure we visit somewhere that has a good reputation this time.

I would also like to visit Southfork, can anyone tell me if this is worth the visit? I wanted to go before they revived Dallas but I guess now it will be really busy and perhaps not as fun to visit or is it just as good?

Lastly, is there anywhere else you would recommend visiting whilst we are there? Something that, if you only had the chance to do one thing you would do this.

Thanks!

Bryan, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

Howdy,

I am a Texan( born and raised) and looking for an event for a group in the same area and found this list that might be of help.

www.dfwtownguide.com/dfwduderanches.htm

Sandhurst, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

This is great, thanks Bryan! I'vealready found a couple of things I didn't know about that I can add to our trip!

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

For trail rides, Widowmaker in Grapevine. http://www.dallashorseback.com/ (They're not afraid to post links to 6 different review sites).

Assuming you don't plan to spend more than a couple of hundred $$ on boots (they vary in price according to leather/skin type and craftsmanship), I'd suggest Cavender's Boot City - there are several locations around the metroplex (DFW).

cavenders.com/western/…ladies-boots-shoes

There's much western wear to be purchased in FW's Historic Stockyards - some places are custom "built" and dripping with quality. BUT! While I'd definitely recommend an afternoon/morning/evening's visit, I'd suggest apparel be purchased elsewhere. The Stockyards reflects part of "Old West" history and many locals visit regularly, but it's still "touristy" from a shopping perspective and price-tags reflect it. http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/

A couple of other note-worthy sites:

http://www.fortworth.com/things-to-do/

http://www.visitdallas.com/

Edited: 10:15 am, March 15, 2013
30. Re: Dude Ranch near Dallas-Fort Worth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 17, 2014