We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
171 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

I'm spending a night going out with friends next week and apparently we are going to be in the Belt Line area. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that would be central to Restaurant Row, clubs, bars and the various Gentlemen's establishments?

Thanks!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

There are plenty of hourly places along Harry Hines and NW Hwy, etc...

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

Not sure if you were trying to be funny or just telling me the area is not very desireable.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

Beltline is a street that wraps all the way around Dallas county. It crosses every major highway, east, west, north, & south.

Which part are you talking about?

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

Apparently, we will be near Addison. Don't know if that narrows it down enough for you.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

Yes, that would be restaurant row. No topless places in that area, if that's what you were looking for. Refer to Peppers post for that. Those are a few miles south of that area.

Lots of hotels, too many to name, in all different price ranges. The nice ones would be along the Tollway. Nice Marriot Quorum at Beltline & The Tollway.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

I don't find that comment about the hourly lodging to be either helpful or funny. In Addison, there's a newer Best Western that is really nice and is reasonably priced. There rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is hard to beat-many restaurants and a shopping mall close to the hotel. The hotel even serves a continental breakfast each morning, which is an added value. I would definitely recommend staying at the Best Western Galleria Hotel and Suites in Addison. Have a good time =:)

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

I for one did not mean anything, and I do not think Pepper did either. I was simply referring to the NW Hwy part of the comment. That is where many upscale gentlemen's clubs are. That area is a few miles south of Addison. I don't think the people of Addison would appreciate any type of reference to them having any topless bars because they don't.

It is unfortunate that the gentlemen's clubs are located in seedy areas, even the nice ones. I think that is what Pepper was referring to, just a warning to be careful. I hope nobody was offended by my comments.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

Sheesh...y'all sure are sensitive...

The Belt Line Rd area is not near the places you'll be visiting. The places you want to visit are near the NW HWy/Harry Hines/I-35 area.

Have fun...and be careful...

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

"Restaurant Row, clubs, bars and the various Gentlemen's establishments?"

This sounds like I-35, Northwest Highway, Bachman Lake area. And Pepper's right, lots of hourly hotels in that specific section of town.

Does anybody call Beltline Restaurant Row? I've never heard that area referred to that way, although there are tons of restaurants there. The two places I've heard referred to as Restaurant Row are I-35 where the Pappasito's, AMC Theaters, Joe's Crab Shack, etc are located and at I-635 and ??? can't think of the name of the street, Galloway? Where the Olive Garden, and all those restaurants are. But there are no strip clubs and bars there to my knowledge.

To my knowledge, the only place that appears to meet all the criteria is the I-35 section.

If that's where you're going to be hanging out then the closest nice hotels would be in the Market Center section of I-35. There are loads of choices: Wyndham Anatole, Renaissance Hotel, Marriott, Courtyard, Wingate, Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, Best Western, Holiday Inn, etc. Price range from extremely expensive to reasonable. The nicest would probably be the Wyndham Anatole, in my opinion (although I am not fond of it).

If you're going to be in the Beltline area of Addison there's a lovely Intercontinental. I'm not sure what you want in a "good" hotel, but there are tons of choices in the I-635 /I-75 and Tollway corridors. There's a Westin at the Galleria, Wyndham Dallas North, Hilton, Doubletree, and lot of others.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Belt Line Rd. arean lodging

I have lived in the Metroplex for 40 years and the former "Restaurant Row" was Composite, which is 1 block east of I35 at Walnut Hill. It is not called that any longer, especially after the closing of the San Francisco Steak House. That is in the Harry Hines/N.W. Hwy area that has become inundated with gentlemen's clubs.

I have heard the Addison part of Beltline between the Tollway and Midway referred to as Restaurant Row on several radio ads.

The Restaurant Row in Mesquite would be on 635 between Gross & Scyene.

The Restaurant Row in Tarrant County would be Bedford Euless Rd between Grapevine Hwy & N.E. Mall.