We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels/Nightlife

Which Dallas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels/Nightlife

Hi!

I'm visiting Dallas next week for work and need help with a place to stay. Last year, I stayed at The Magnolia and loved the hotel, but there weren't a lot of restaurants/bars around it; unless that's changed in the last year.

Any suggestions for hotels that are in fun areas? I'm 28 and travel by myself, so prefer low-key restaurants/bars- not clubs.

Thanks!! :)

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels/Nightlife

Try the Amerisuites in West End. There is a a lot of activity in this area.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
131 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels/Nightlife

I recommend the city of Addison, located in North Dallas. Theres alot of restaurants/Bars on Beltline. Actually, friend of mine in the restaurant business says, that street has more restaurants than any other street in the US. Also, nearby The Galleria (just recently had a dramatic makeover-must see) and further north 2 other farily new malls and IKEA.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels/Nightlife

Do you need to be in the downtown Dallas area for work?

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels/Nightlife

No- I'll be driving to Denton, Arlington, and Commerce. I was trying to decide b/t the Hilton Park Cities and the Doubletree Campbell Centre. Any thoughts?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
131 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels/Nightlife

Got it. Head to the hotel in the Park Cities area..alot of restaurants/shops and nearby NorthPark Center Mall (Nordstrom opens Nov. 11th).

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,466 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels/Nightlife

I agree, Hilton Park Cities is a perfect location where you can easily and safely walk to Preston Center where you'll find some good restaurants on both sides of Preston Rd.

Most nightlife is probably happening at Taco Diner and Snuffer's.

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels/Nightlife

Thanks- I just made my reservation, so I'm good to go! :)

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels/Nightlife

It may be too late for this trip but if you ever come again, I would suggest looking at downtown Ft. Worth. You will be just as close to Denton and Arlington- a bit farther to Commerce- but there's lots of bar and restaurant action in Sundance Square. COurtyard by Marriott is a good mid-price hotel, the Rennaisance is great, Ashton is high end. Everything is within walking distance with theatres as well as movies.