We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Ellum

birmingham
Level Contributor
22 posts
Deep Ellum

Can anyone suggest which club to go to here that have live acts. Also we plan to visit it on a sunday from downtown and will want to catch public transport. Will this be a problem on a sunday?

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,361 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Deep Ellum

Not sure about the bus, but a taxi would be a short ride from downtown.

Check the listings on dallasobserver.com or pegasusnews.com. Hopefully you'll find something you like.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
131 reviews
2. Re: Deep Ellum

I am not sure how much research you have done on Deep Ellum but I don't think you will find live music on Sundays, except Adairs on occasion. Saturdays are much more likely. Here are a few links

www.adairssaloon.com

www.allgoodcafe.com

www.myspace.com/clubdada

www.theprophetbar.com

www.thedoordallas.com

A place close to Deep Ellum but actually downtown

www.pearlatcommerce.com

South of downtown on Lamare- Brooklyn Jazz Cafe has regular entertainment on Sunday and so does Poor David's Pub.

www.brooklynjazzcafe.com

www.poordavidspub.com

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
131 reviews
3. Re: Deep Ellum

And if you come in September, the DART light rail will have a station open in Deep Ellum on the Green line.

dart.org/about/…southeast

Dallas
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Deep Ellum

I agree on the taxi suggestion from downtown. You can get a taxi in front of all the major hotels on a Sunday.

Buses run less frequently on Sundays and it is just a short cab trip with a small fare.

5. Re: Deep Ellum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, December 15, 2009