We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

Hi........I am hoping someone can give us some advice on a girl's night out. We are a group of 30'ish year old women who are looking for something fun to do in our own home town. We like to dance, etc. but we are new to the nightclub scene so we don't really know what is out there. We have been to City Streets in Ft. Worth and we are tired of the same ol' place. Does anyone have any reccomendations??? I have heard that Greenville Ave is fun. We've never been. Does anyone know that area?

Thank you!!

Dallas
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

Greenville is mostly outdated and probably not ideal for a 30-something crowd. It's pretty decent for happy hour or for afternoon drinking, but at night, it turns into underage central, and most bars are hole in the walls. I would recommend some places for dinner and drinks, but not for a full night scene. If you do go, though, stay away from the area known as lower/lower Greenville... very shady.

One alternative I might suggest... try the uptown area (McKinney Avenue Tavery, Martini Ranch, etc.), which is a little bit more of a local, slightly yuppie scene or go to Deep Ellum... Deep Ellum is great on weekends, tons of rooftop bars like the Green Room (which is great for dinner) or Club Dada. Always great live bands down there, too.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

Wow, I don't think lower Greenville is shady. Of course, I live in the area so that probably factors into my comfort zone. The lower lower Greenville area has a range of bars and restaurants. Come on down and walk through the area and see if you're comfortable. There are lots of people around and it's not a scary place (to me) at any time. There's also a Whole Foods and Blockbuster in that area where you can park for $5 and just check things out for yourself.

If you're not comfie, keep moving down Greenville. There are loads of all kinds of restaurants from burger joints like Snuffer's to upscale steak, italian, wine bistro type restaurants. There are a few clubs with live music and at least one appears to offer dancing, but I haven't been there. Terilli's, the Blue Goose, and Gloria's have street patio dining areas so you can watch the folks coming and going and enjoy the food/drink at the same time.

Deep Ellum is also a great place to hang out. My favorite bar in the area is the Angry Dog. It's more of a locals hangout then young kids hitting the club scene. Great food and over 100 varieties of beer.

Blue on Pacific seems to be a hot spot for dancing and there's another dance club a few blocks north of it, on Harwood that appears to get a good crowd, too. For country dancing there's Gilley's or the Sons of Herman (depending on who's playing, but almost always folks seem to be dancing).

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

slvrgoblin and ChrystinP: thank you for your suggestions. I wrote everything down and will be sharing your ideas with my friends. We're so thankful just to be getting out!! We appreciate you giving us some direction. Thank you!

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

Have you considered the Stockyards? I know I sound like like a broken record but it is fun, safe, easy to get around with a variety of choices (not everything is country- just most of it!).

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

poodleone:

no, we haven't thought about the stockyards. none of us are really big into country music. what else is out there? i'm not familiar with that area......

thanks!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

There is a good place next to Izmir on Greenville - owned by the same people - can't remember the name. Food at Izmir is d-lish Middle Eastern. They always play great music.

Martini Ranch is now Standard and has a hoppin' scene - being a new thing and all.

Knox-Henderson has a lot going on too. Mostly on the Henderson side. There's club on Willis between Henderson and Central - seems like it always has a new name, but usually a good time.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,000 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

Well, texasfamily- I have rethought my Stockyards advice. If you were only going to hit "non-country" bars, you would miss all the best places. So, you are right to think about Dallas and Greenville- it sounds as if that would be the better bet for your musical tastes. Good luck! Wherever you go, I bet you have fun.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

Finally remembered the place next to Izmir - KISMET.

Have fun!!!

St. John
Level Contributor
569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

ChristynP - glad to hear lower Greenville and Deep Ellum are still alive and well. (This will date me, no doubt) - is Flip's still there (lower Greenville)? And do you know how long now has Stampede been gone (off LBJ)? What's it's next best? Thanks! ~ "big D fan"

Orlando
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls Night Out in Dallas Ideas, Anyone?

Tel: 972-473-6444

7120 Dallas Parkway

Plano, TX 75024

Email: geoff.lemasters@marriott.com

“GIRLS NIGHT OUT”- A RELAXING GET-A-WAY WITH THE GIRLS

We have just what the doctor ordered! A get-a-way with the girls! A perfect blend of relaxation, fun, elegance, and girl time! For $229 per night (based upon double occupancy), you’ll get a Deluxe Double room, bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival, 2-$50 Woodhouse Day Spa certificates, complimentary shuttle service to Sam Moon, complimentary card table and 2 decks of cards, complimentary parking and breakfast for 2, and a free Marriott Robe per person!

Are you tired of sitting at home wishing you were doing something a little out-of-the-ordinary?! Do you love your significant other, but sometimes just want to get away with the girls? Come for a tantalizing night on the town at the Dallas Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center! A weekend of harmless mischief and playful gossip.

The Dallas/Plano Marriott also overlooks Bishop Park and Lake and Legacy Town Center, as well as Jasper’s and Nicola’s; great venues to go shopping, indulge in great entertainment, and dine at fabulous restaurants!

# # #

If you’d like more information about this topic, please call Geoff Lemasters at 972-473-6444, or email Geoff at geoff.lemaster@marriott.com. Also visit marriott.com/property/propertypage/DALPT.