We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Ellum?

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Ellum?

Can someone tell me what exactly is deep ellum? Is it for people who dont party alot and have children?

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Deep Ellum?

The Tarantula Train leaves from Grapevine and goes to the Stockyards in Ft worth - might be fun. Something I've always wanted to do, but never have.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Deep Ellum?

If you look up Tarantula Train on the internet, there is a website. It runs from Grapevine to the Stockyards and back. A lot of times it has a steam engine. There is an 800 number- I would make sure they still have some airconditioned cars. It might be a little pricey with a baby. Southlake is one town over from Grapevine,. Town Square also has a nice website with directions and store listings if you are into more upscale shopping (or, in my case, window shopping!). There is a resturant/bar there called Po'Melvins that we like for homecooking. And the Grapevine Visitor and Convention Bureu has a website that includes a map of where to see fireworks and detials about shopping and dining in downtown. Have wonderful trip! Please write back and let us know how it goes.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Deep Ellum?

Thank you so so so much , you just dont know how much you have helped me. I will sure write you the minute i get back.

Thanks so much again.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Deep Ellum?

This may be what you're looking for.

www.grapevinesteamrailroad.com/index.asp

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Deep Ellum?

Yes! thats what I needed thanks so much.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Deep Ellum?

Hi, sorry to bother you guys again but We just found out that my sister is going to be in dallas the weekend that we are and she is going to watch thebaby sunday night on our aniversey noght so we can go eat by ourselfs so any recomendations we like to eat kind of food so were open for anything and price does not matter at all. We had only one place in mind and that was kobe steaks?? If somone could please let me know what they think

thanks so kuch

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Deep Ellum?

Thanks so much sorry for the spelling above.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Deep Ellum?

There is so much to do in this area. Here is a website that should be extremely helpful while narrowing down some decisions: www.guidelive.com

You should be able to find a variety of helpful information here. We live here and rely on this website for many of our activities.

Hope this helps! And by the way, The Rainforest Cafe is a fun restaurant experience for either the two of you or with your baby.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Deep Ellum?

Although I am not familiar with the places that sell Kobe beef ( I suspect maybe Japanese steakhouses in Dallas?), I do know the Silver Fox Steakhouse in Grapevine and Kirby's in Southlake are supposed to be good. There are also several different restaurants at Gaylord Texan, the resort on Lake GRapevine- you might check out their website to see if any of those look interesting. It would be fun to just go there- it is beautiful.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Deep Ellum?

You might try Tei Tei on Henderson for kobe steak. It's a Japanese restaurant.