We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dfw Hotel

Thousand Oaks, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dfw Hotel

I need some advice on which DFW hotels are clean and convenient to the AP and which ones offer a decent shuttle service to AP. Any help would be appreciated.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dfw Hotel

Would you want to stay right out by the airport in one of the chain hotels? Harvey Suites at DFW is relatively new (just a few years) and gets good write ups. As you know, every chain hotel known to man is located near by so you can definitely have your pick if you have a favorite chain. The Omni Dallas at Park West is VERY nice but, unfortunately, doesn't offer a free shuttle. Depending on how much you want to spend and how close you want to be to DFW, the Gaylord Texas Resort in Grapevine (about 4 miles away) would be an expensive but amazing place to stay. The Embassy Suites North is close to the big outlet mall as well as Bass Pro Shop and some decent restaurants- it has a free airport shuttle.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dfw Hotel

I LOVE the Harvey Suites!!! My husband and I stayed there on our wedding night, in order to catch an early plane to Cancun.

We are repeating our stay there this coming Wednesday, to catch a plane to California. The suites are HUGE, complimentary breakfsast in the morning is delicious, and it's so affordable!

They don't charge you for parking (even extended parking!) Like other hotel chains do... It's the greatest hotel near the DFW airport!

Dallas
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dfw Hotel

I used to do meeting planning in Dallas and we only used Harvey Hotels. If you stay there, be sure to try some of their desserts. Their bakery is actually at the airport location and delivers to all of their other hotels in the area. Yummy!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dfw Hotel

Have you checked the Hyatt Regency on the D/FW Airport property? We have stayed there and it is very, very nice. The best thing is that you don't have to leave the premises. I believe that they offer guests free shuttle service to some of the attractions in the area. You might need to ask about that, though.

There are several hotels in this area that provide the free shuttle to/from the airport. If you need more info on this topic, let me know and I can check with my husband and friends who work at the airport.

Province of...
Level Contributor
15 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dfw Hotel

We are regular visitors to the area, and last time we were recommended the Homewood Suites by Hilton at Fort Worth-Bedford, just a short hop (7 minutes) from the airport. They do special weekend deals for $89 and for that you get a king suite and a hearty breakfast. You get a seperate bedroom and a good sized kitchenette, which is well-stocked. In mid-week it is more expensive, but you also have a Manager's reception with hot food and it includes wine and beer. They also have a shuttle service which will take you anywhere within a five mile radius, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Although it is 18 miles to the Stockyards in Fort Worth, it is very direct and if you are going to be that close, then it is well worth a visit. The steaks at the H3, part of the Stockyards Hotel are quite the most amazing we have ever tasted, and I urge you to try one - you won't be disappointed.