We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any recommendations for a good barbque or tex mex...

san diego
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
any recommendations for a good barbque or tex mex...

we will be in Dallas for a few hours before heading to the airport. We are looking to try a good bar b que or tex mex restaurant before heading to airpot

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any recommendations for a good barbque or tex mex...

Depends on the airport. If you're using Love Field, go a few blocks south and take a left on Maple Ave. Keep driving until you billboards in Spanish. Try Avila's or Herrera's, but our favorite is Ojeda's. All are very good, but Ojeda's has fantastic chiles rellenos.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any recommendations for a good barbque or tex mex...

If you're at DFW airport, exit the north end and try Esparza's in downtown Grapevine. Good food, excellent margaritas.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
272 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any recommendations for a good barbque or tex mex...

If you are in the Downtown area, go to Uncle Julio���s on Lemmon Ave for TEX MEX. They have the best chicken and beef fajitas in town. They have another location in North Dallas. You will not be dissapointed.

Enjoy your stay in Dallas

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Dallas
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any recommendations for a good barbque or tex mex...

A good barbecue option would be Sonny Bryant's at 2202 Inwood. This is the original Sonny Bryant's with a really funky atmosphere. The chairs are mostly old school desks and lots of folks just sit on their cars and eat. They're only open for lunch and you have to get there early because when they run out of something that's it for the day.

I also like Baker's Ribs in Deep Ellum at 2724 Commerce St.

214-748-5433. They're open from lunch 'til early evening.

I like Uncle Julio's, too, but think that Gloria's which is close by on Lemmon is a more interesting restaurant. Gloria's has Tex-Mex and Salvadoran and is just scrumptious. They serve both a salsa and a black bean dip with their chips. They also serve yucca, a choice of black beans or barracho beans, and their rice is the best I've ever had at a restaurant. I love their puposa but understand why someone else might think it's not a very exciting appetizer. They make their own tamales in banana leaves. I don't think there's anything on the menu that's more than $13.

Frisco (Dallas), TX
Level Contributor
380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any recommendations for a good barbque or tex mex...

Go to Uncle Julios! My fav restaurant in town. Glorias is good too but no Julios!