We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frio River

Pearland, TX
Level Contributor
13 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Frio River

How is the water level?

5 replies to this topic
Rio Frio
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Frio River

you can see pictures from every weekend in the summer including this past one at http://www.facebook.com/funriversfrio

Houston, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Frio River

I was just up there (mid February) and it was up probably about 4-5 feet compared to last summer, which isn't saying much. We stayed at Frio River Cabins (really enjoyed it) and they are about a mile North of Garner. I guess the level can depend on where you are at. We didn't go floating, so I'm not sure about the tubing.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,273 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frio River

Just went. We floated down it on Saturday. Some spots it is easy to stand, and other spots you won't be able to stand up in as it is too deep.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Frio River

Do you have to pay to get into the river

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frio River

Maria welcome to the forums, you usually get better responses by starting a new question. You might have noticed that the last answer was from 2014.

To answer your question - yes. While the river itself is free, most of the access is through private property and a fee is charged. The state park (which is what I use) has great access and relatively low fees. This is true for just about every river.

Reply to: Frio River
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Concan
More Concan Topics