We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lacking

Which Townsend hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Deatsville, Alabama
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lacking

We eat there in 04 or 05. Face it, I'm from the south also. If the meat don't have a heavy hickory smoked flavor to it, it's not BBQ!!! The bbq there had a lot to be desired. The meat was smothered with BBQ sauce. YUK! YUK!! double YUK!!! The service must have been o.k. because I remember good service and bad service and I don't remember this service. If I say somewhere has good service then it's the best. We will visit there again. If the flavor hasn't changed I will talk to the manager so people can know what REAL BBQ taste like.

Deatsville, Alabama
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lacking

I was refering to smoking joes bbq

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lacking

Now I'm a fellow Alabamian and a little puzzled with your post. It must not have been intolerable, because you plan to return.BBQ varies widely from region to region.In lower AL we prefer long smoked BBQ with a hint of hickory.Otherwise we would simply slather sauce on any old hickory limb and chow down.Perhaps you should requst sauce on the side.Remember,we Alabamians come from a gentle, polite line of ladies and gentlemen.Broaden your horizens.Lastly,don't critisize the Southern cook.You may get run out of the kitchen.

Best regards,

Ms Kitty