We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trailhead Restaurant

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trailhead Restaurant

Someone recommended the Trailhead Restaurant.Having difficulty finding info on it.Anyone have tips?

cincinnati
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

Hi paulie - that was me. All I can find online is the phone and address.

7839 E Lamar Alexander Parkway (321) - Townsend, TN 37882 (865) 448-0166

I hope you like it. We both got the ribeye and it was seasoned with a secret recipe. They told us you need a reservation, but since

we got there around 6:00 and they took us without one. People started coming in around 7:00 and filled the place up. There were 16 tables. It is pricy $19.95 for the ribeye, but it was a large portion. My husband ate all of his, but I took about half of mine with me. On the menu it says you can split a meal for an extra $6. Somewhere around here I have their menu. If I can find it then I can give you a price range. I will keep looking. I remember they had Chicken Alfredo for around $17.

Service was very good. It is family owned. Our watress and the cook were brother and sister.

cincinnati
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

I found it. It's funny for the first time I sat in a restaurant and really paid attention to what was going on. I wanted to come home and tell the forum all about it.

Okay here goes:

Appetizers range from "Big Shrimp Cocktail" 20 of them - $26.00 to Spinach Artichoke dip for $7.95 to Sherry Sauted Mushrooms for $5.95

Salads come with dinner, but then there are also different ones you can order with your meal or as your meal. Caesar with meal is $2 more, or alone it is $8.50. They also have a grilled chicken ceasar salad for $12.95

Dinners range from a cheeseburger for $10.50, Grilled Shrimp for $13.95, Spaghettiwith meat saucefor $12.95, the Fettuccina Alfredo for $13.95 or with chicken and broccoli it's $18.95.

They have filet mignon for $21.95 and $28.95, pork chops, italian sausage, trout, mahi with shrimp, halibut(when avail), salmon.

They also have low carb specials and a children's menu. they charge 18% tip for parties of 6 or more.

So that gives you an idea of some of what they have. They told us they had been there for 2 years.

My husband and I both thought the steak was better than we had had anywhere else in the mountains. I know that is saying alot, and doesn't mean anyone else would agree - but it was great.

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

Thanks!I really like to eat at local places instead of chains,My kids are learning to do this also.When in Rome!!

I'm going to copy/paste your replies!Think we may try this place after a day in the cove!

KJ

cincinnati
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

A lot of locals seem to use this place. When we were there, there were at least 6 tables of people that all seemed to know each other. One group would come in and before they sat down, they would say hello to everyone else.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

We eat there a couple of days ago, it has great food and a good choice if you're not a steak person do not worry there is a good range of fish and italian food. A bit pricey but well worth it. It is 100% non smoking which is a very pleasant environment, the fresh bread for starter is just a taste of what is to come.

Atlanta GA
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

Trailhead Restaurant in Townsend, Tenn, just outside Great Smoky Mountains National Park, was at least a hot meal. A 2-hour long wait-around for parts of the meal...and wait even longer for the check...then longer for your card. We waited for everything. The wait staff at an establishment can make or break a place. The owner surveyed the room all evening, but never came to our table. Upon leaving we expressed (1) this is our first time to your place; (2) the waitress is terrible. The owner, instead of taking responsibility for not training someone completely, made the excuse that it was her first night. We think it was her first night, ever, because she was not very good at tip-earning-through-cheerful-personality skills either. Sorry. We were not pleased with his answer. We asked why he served his delicious steaks (no kidding, they're great!--and pricey) on white table clothes but brought out sour cream, butter, and salad dressings in plastic to go containers? This, after serving fresh bread with olive oil drizzled on a plate and sprinkled with black pepper. He said you can't 'up' the atmosphere too much or you turn some people off. Well, I wanted an upscale dinning experience, but you bring out the plastic and I'm feeling a little cheesy now. Next time, go to Lily's Cafe, like we did the next night. It's an even better dining experience, and it's not a price goug. www.lilybarn.com

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

Sorry you didn't like it. We had such a great experience last year that we are headed there again next week. We want to try Miss. Lily's too.

Tawas City, Michigan
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

We agree with Hindsight. We were just at the Trailhead on Friday evening, and cannot fathom why this place warrants so much discussion. The food was good, but far from exceptional. The service was poor and the prices were steep for the dining experience.... atmosphere was really lacking. (The ceiling is unpainted plywood.) The previous week we enjoyed a good and fair-priced meal at Miss Lily's, so we also would refer you there.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

Oh how I hate to hear this!

Lancashire England
Level Contributor
212 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trailhead Restaurant

My Wife and I stayed at Townend for three nights last week and as we were stopping in the Econo Lodge just across the way decided that we were too tired to go anywhere else so just popped into "just another steakhouse" WOW! we couldn't have been more suprised, the food was so good and the waitress helpful and knowlegeable we ate there on our other two nights as well....something that we NEVER do, as we like to vary the places that we eat.

We had travelled in to 6 states on our visit by that time and had eaten in fine places in Atlanta, Mobile, NOLA, Vicksburg, Memphis and Nashville to name a few and we had not eaten finer anywhere.

I cannot recommend this place enough.