We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talley Ho Inn

springfield,lLa.
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Talley Ho Inn

I know its a funny name. But has anyone stayed there. I should have searched earlier.Our huge family (11 brothers and sisters) are gathering there April 3rd-5th.

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
455 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talley Ho Inn

My husband and I stayed there right after Christmas. It was a spur of the moment trip and we couldn't really find a small cabin that we liked so we decided to just wing it and book a hotel room. We rented a King Suite - had a nice private balcony, sleeper sofa (we didn't need - just the two of us, but would have been nice with extended family), coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge. The room while the decor was a little old was absolutely spotless. The bathroom was clean, the carpet was clean, the linens smelled crisp and fresh. There was only one man at the lobby and he was extremely helpful with restaurant suggestions, information on the grocery store, etc. Our final night would have been our only complaint and it had nothing to do with the hotel or staff. A tour bus with high school students arrived and basically they took up the remaining rooms in the hotel. The kids were pretty wild and rambuncious. They were the problem - not the hotel. We did not call about the kids so their behavoir could not be held attributable to the hotel. However, upon check out the next morning the gentleman knowing that they had arrived was very kind and asked if they had caused a problem. He said he was worried that they might get loud but that we hadn't called so he wanted to check and make sure and offer us a discount if it had been a problem. He had already given us a discount when we checked in - it was a slow time and very few guests. We assured him we were fine and that if we came again before a cabin was ready or couldn't find a cabin we would be back. We had wonderful morning views from the balcony. The restaurant adjacent to the property was closed for the season, but he did recommend the little restaurant across the street. It was quaint and had a mom and pop feel. We ate breakfast there each morning and from the greetings of the staff to a lot of the people there, you could tell it was a place that locals frequented. All in all we had a good experience at Tally Ho. It had not been my first choice for reservations in the area so I was pleasantly surprised that the experience was good. Again, it was clean, comfortable and the staff was kind and helpful.

springfield,lLa.
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Talley Ho Inn

Thanks Nanatwins,

I was kinda worried. I am so glad to get a response. Now I can ease the rest of the family.I well report back on our stay. Thanks tn2la

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Talley Ho Inn

I'll ditto Nanatwins information-laden response; I passed by the motel a few times just recently and it looked very nice on the outside. (Rare for such establishments around the Smokies; usually the landscaping isn't much good and the buildings look in need of renovation. Not this motel.)

springfield,lLa.
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Talley Ho Inn

We made our trip. And can only say nice things about it.Tally Ho Inn is a very nice place to stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean even the baseboards. We had a balcony that faced the mountians and we watched the sunrise over it the next morning. My brother rented a cottage next door (part of Tally Ho)

a 3 bdrm cathedral ceiling very nice and clean. The stay was great, Eating out they have a rest. on the grounds also across the street is a nice one. We wanted something fast 1 day so we tried wings r us very good not greasy friendly staff.For breakfast the Back Porch the interior antique looking very nice and homey. They serve waffel eggs just about anything.But do make sure you eat out before 9 pm because it will be closed. Maybe later in the season it will change. I would recomend the place.

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
455 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Talley Ho Inn

Tn2LA - glad to hear you had a good time. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the place when we stayed. It was one of the cleanest rooms we have come across while staying in hotels. I told my husband when we stayed that the grout lines in the bathroom were clean and that really impressed me.

6. Re: Talley Ho Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 22, 2009