We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Stores

Hickory, NC
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Grocery Stores

We are not familiar with Townsend, is there a grocery store close by? We are staying at the Little River Village Campground and wondered how far it would be to the nearest grocery. Thanks for any help.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Stores

There is a grocery store in Townsend. I believe it's an IGA. We've only stopped there once on our way to camping in Cades Cove. It was small but seemed to have pretty much anything your average grocery would have and should not be too far up the road from your campground. Everything in Townsend is pretty close to everything else! I'm sure another expert could probably tell you exactly how far it is.

Hickory, NC
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Stores

Thanks for the info. Have a nice day.

Townsend, TN
Level Contributor
17 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Stores

I live in Townsend. The Village Market is an IGA grocery store. It has a deli, too. They have good fried chicken, by the way. Also, you can get some groceries at Dollar General and the newly opened Family Dollar store. You'll probably find snacks cheaper at those stores. We think the Village Market has very good meat. The price of tomatoes this week is $1.19 a pound, which is a lot cheaper than Kroger's price. I think you'll find most of everything you need here.

4. Re: Grocery Stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, September 03, 2009