We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendation

Fishers, Indiana
3 posts
Save Topic
Need recommendation

We are planning to visit Tennesse during Thanksgiving long weekend. We have decided to visit Chattanooga (Ruby falls etc) and Sweet water (the lost sea). We have dropped the idea of seeing smoky mountain (Glatinburg), as there won't be leaves on the trees and it will look empty.

As we have never seen these places and we won't make second trip, we want to know is it worth going ahead with this trip during this winter time. I checked in the websites that these attractions are open all year, someone plz confirm this.

I'm mobile
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Need recommendation

Okay, I am three years late in answering this question. Believe it or not, there are tons to do in Sweetwater, Tennessee. First of all we have the Lost Sea. Google it. Well worth the trip. In historic downtown Sweetwater, we are the antique store haven. Thousands of square feet of old and collectables. Great food. Nice people. It is the center for everything. 25 minutes to Knoxville, 50 minutes to Chattanooga, 45 minutes (backroads/scenic) to Pigeon Forge, 2.5 hours from Nashville or Atlanta.

During Thanksgiving weekend, we have something called The Smalltown Christmas. Pretty cool. It is like you have stepped back into time. Carriage rides, carolers, food in every store, lots of friendly people.

2. Re: Need recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sweetwater