We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timber Tops Cabin Rental

Which Sevierville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Timber Tops Cabin Rental

My husband and I booked a cabin through the Timber Top agency. The cabin is called A Lover's Secret and is just minutes from Downtwon Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. (well that is what the website states) We are taking the trip during the holidays in December. I would like to know if anyone has stayed in this particular cabin. How was your experience? Also, I am from the sunshine state where it never snows and for me cold is considered 60 degrees Fahreinheit. Are the conditions severe during December?

Thank-you all so much for your help and advice. I truly appreciate it.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
882 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

Hi Newbunny. My wife and I are also from Florida. While we have not stayed at this particular cabin, we have stayed with Timber Tops on two other occasions. We have stayed at the Black Berry Ridge and the Falcon Crest cabins. Both have been nice, but neither have been what my wife and I consider "CLEAN". While they do have everything you need in the cabins, don't expect the cookware to be in very good condition. This was true of both cabins. There were also left over items from previous guests, so it was pretty obvious that the cabins are not cleaned very well. In fact on our last visit my wife got a bladder infection, that we both attribute to the hot tub. My advise, if you can't clean out the hot tub and refill it yourself, don't use it. We did this on our first visit, and had no problems. The last cabin because of how it was built, would have been extremely difficult to do this( that should have been a sign that the hot tub doesn't get cleaned very often). We will probably try to use someone different on our next trip up. I have been told by two other people that I know that Sugar Maple cabins are the best. I don't know this for a fact, but do plan to check them out before I go again. Good luck and enjoy your trip. Just remember to dress a little warmer, in layers. It is a little cooler there than in Florida.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

Thank-you so much for responding. It is very helpful.

Miami
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

Hey, we are from Miami and have rented several times. There is no way to make these houses imaculate with in hours. Just take some small cleaning supplies or just buy them at the food lion. Well it really never snows there in December so I would not worry much about driving. If they say the house is low then its low if they say it a little up then its up there. Remember that they live there so nothing is hi to them. Just drive safely and dont rush. You are on vacation and dont look down, just kidding!! Have fun my whole family is going this year and we are ready to have a blast. Beautiful place to spend the holidays at......

rtp
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

Hi, how was your trip? we are planning to stay in Night Moves, Timber Tops cabin towards the end of this month- do you have any advice regarding the driving? If we are not experienced to drive in ice/snow is it a nightmare? We will have 5 adults including a senior, so we will rent a fairly sized car. Thanks for any advice.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

Actually, I pushed back my trip to March30 to April 5th. I wanted to be home for the holidays. My hubby and I were thinking about white water rafting. During April, its pretty hot in Miami but I know things are a lot different in TN. Has anyone ever gone white water rafting in April? What is your advice?

Ky.
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

It can still be a little chilly in April, but then again it can warm up real fast. Just keep an eye on the weather an enjoy your time there it is beautiful in all seasons.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

Thanks, Ky! That was really helpful.

:)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

I just wanted to add that I enjoyed my stay with Timber Tops Cabins. We used A Lover's Secret cabin. The cabin was clean and quite comfortable. The location was not secluded but it was great for my husband and I. I recommend it and we would stay with them again.

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

Thanks for the positive report. I rented "Cades Cove Autumn" from them last summer and it had problems. We got no response from them. They were friendly at check in and but did nothing to address the problems with the cabin. I probably would not rent from them again.

Fishers, IN
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Timber Tops Cabin Rental

We stayed in "A Bird's Eye View" over spring break in 2006. We had a great time and the cabin was very nice. This started our Smokies addiction. Since then, we've stayed in several other cabins. Some of them had fancier kitchens and more amenities, but this was a very nice cabin, quite secluded and a great view.