We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River View cabin at Timber Top cabin rental

Ft. Wayne IN
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
River View cabin at Timber Top cabin rental

I just spent 4 days at the River View cabin for a girls weekend with 6 of my friends and I can tell you we were very disappointed in what the cabin offered for views. The description says river view but the only way you can view it is to walk down to the road from the cabin and see it. There are trees blocking the view off of both decks and this cabin with its' neighbor cabin,River Breeze are set in among a modern subdivision. Not the mountain views we were expecting! We had a great time inside the cabin but didn't enjoy the outside at all. There was plenty of space inside for 7 of us but the phones didn't work, the thermostat wouldn't get cooler, the trash cans were too small and the grass needed mowing. The pictures of the outside of the cabin were not what it really looked like and you can forget about sitting outside and listening to the river noises! I will not be recommending this cabin rental company to anyone and all I can say is that you better get the address of the cabin, if the company will give it to you and see where exactly it is in the mountains! Be careful of what you see in the pictures.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: River View cabin at Timber Top cabin rental

The Description says River View is cabin located( across) from the Little Pigeon River.But after looking at the pictures it looks like you can see parts of the river from the balcony.Was you at the cabin for 3 nights Sept.16-19 because for the month of September thats the only days it was rented for 3 nights all the other's were for only for 2 night's.The pictures from the balcony have mountain views it looks like from the pictures.

We have stayed with Timber Tops many times and never had any problems at all.Did you contact the manager about the a/c because I know they would have sent someone out to look at it.They have always had great customer service.The cabins we have always rented looked just like the pictures but even better in person.Im sorry this happened to you next time you should ask a alot of questions about where the cabin is and the location.Now if your looking for a cabin right on the river take a look at this one.Maybe you can rent it next time.Sorry this happened to you.I would contact the manager and let them know about your experience with them so they can correct them.

jacksonmountainhomes.com/rental/house.html…

Edited: 1:39 am, September 28, 2010
2. Re: River View cabin at Timber Top cabin rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 28, 2011