We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timber Tops A World Away

Which Sevierville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jackson, tn
1 post
Save Topic
Timber Tops A World Away

Caution! Beware! We stayed in this cabin a 2 days ago and this was the worst experience I've ever had. The air was broken and we had to sleep in our car. The hottub jets was also broken and make matters worse there is a landfield in the backyard which you can smell when you step outside. The microwave was also fixing to crash. We were told when we made our reservation we would have pool access which is a lie! Also the yard is not fenced. I defiantley would not have stayed here if I had known this in advance. Our 5 day vacation was ruined because of daily incidents occurring in this cabin.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

Did you stay there August 4-8?

Timber Tops is one of the nicer rental companies.Ive stayed with them several times and never had any problems what so ever.Sorry to hear about this.But hopefully you will return to the area again.

Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

Where is the cabin located? Timber Tops does have a pool in Pigeon Forge that is available for their guests to use.

Edited: 4:22 am, August 12, 2010
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

A World Away is located in Pigeon Forge in the upscale area known as "Lantern Hill". The pool is located in Hidden Springs Resort.

http://www.yourcabin.com/66AWorldAway.aspx

Edited: 12:42 pm, August 12, 2010
Gulf Shores, AL
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

I'm not sure where Lanatern Hill is, but Timber Tops also has a pool located off of Walker Trail. At least they did as of last Summer, When I was up that way a few weeks ago I noticed the directional sign for the pool was still there so I'm assuming that the pool is open. However, you know what happens when you assume! ;-)

lexington
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

They told us over the phone before we booked the cabin that there was a pool that we could use. When we were at their office in person,the lady there told us where a pool was not far from us,but that we may get run off there. She was saying that we could try and pool crash. and see what happens.We are not that type of people to take something that were not suppose to have or be some where we not legally suppose to be.. Also that the pool in that area is through another company or owner and is only for the cabin that is located within steps from the pool,and that the renters in the cabin are aware of that the pool is just for them.Why didn't Timber Top tell us the truth on the phone before we booked.They told the truth when we were in their office in person.

lexington
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

Do you work at timber tops or are you an owner of that cabin? It seems like you may have access to records in the main office at TT.

lexington
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

There maybe nice cabin's at TT, I'm not sure I've never stayed at one of the nice ones. My family and I have stayed in some very nice cabins in other area's in the country ones in the blue ridge mountains and state parks that were pretty much perfect,no complaints. This was our first time to rent a cabin with TT or in this area.,and we were shocked with things wrong with this cabin,the location that it was in(could see and smell landfill from cabin.No grilling out for us,or even sitting outside enjoying the mountain air.How can anyone try and sugar coat this.This was our first vacation in close to 20yrs.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

Im confused on this post carebearJackson_Tn wrote it but Pepperlexington repiled back like they rented it.

No I dont work for Timber Tops.Ive rented from them a couple of times though.

9. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:41 pm, August 12, 2010
Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Timber Tops A World Away

I don't work for Timber Tops either, however I do own company.

In the interest of discretion and good taste I will limit my comments pertaining to the stay of both PepperLexington and their alter ego of CarebearJackson. Although we disagree totally on the events pertaining to their stay, I can say that on behalf of the all the staff at TT, we enthusiastically support this guests decision to explore alternative lodging options in the future.