We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sevierville to do list ???

Which Sevierville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ludington
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Sevierville to do list ???

We are staying in Pigeon Forge but plan on coming to Sevierville to visit the Apple Barn and the Deer Farm Petting Zoo, is there anything else we should so while there? I know they have the outlets, but I am trying to resist :-)

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1,102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sevierville to do list ???

The Bass Pro Shops and Smoky Mountain Knife Works are both pretty neat. They have indoor scenes that look like the outdoors--waterfalls, rivers, stuffed lifesize animals and etc. The one at Bass Pro also has an aquarium and stream with fish in it. Smoky Mountain Knife Works as the National Knife Museum on site & a kitchen/garden store in the basement. For the kids, there is a singing bear and raccoon at Smoky Mountain Knife Works. The Beef Jerky Outlet near Bass Pro is nice too--if you want to sample some beef jerky, flavored nuts or gourmet peanut butters. They carry the Smoky Mountain brand of jerky.

Also, in nearby Strawberry Plains is a drive-thru (car) or ride-a-camel through safari. They have a really nice petting zoo on site too. It is called Circle-G Ranch. My husband and I had a great time riding the camels through the zoo. It was really relaxing and the guide was really nice.

Just outside of Sevierville is the Harrisburg Covered Bridge. It is a historic bridge that still sees automotive traffic. It is a nice place go stop for a few minutes and watch the river flow under the bridge. It is not too far or hard to find. Definately worth the short drive.

Also, in downtown next to the courthouse there is the Dolly Parton Statue--worth a peek if you are a fan.

IF you like muscle cars--check out Floyd Garret's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville. I took my husband there a few years back & he really really enjoyed it. They had a nice collection of cars in addition to some engines and old juke boxes to look at too.

And you already mentioned the AppleBarn. It is always on my list. The general store and cider mill are a must. The hot fried apple pies with ice cream and a cup of cider from the cider bar are amazing!! They have an on site candy store and winery too.

Hope this helps!

Ludington
Level Contributor
68 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sevierville to do list ???

Great, thanks you so much for all the info.....we will check out Harrisburg Covered Bridge for sure and I'm sure my husband will be up for some beef jerkey! The shops sound pretty cool to, thanks again!

Charleston
Level Contributor
222 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sevierville to do list ???

I agree with those suggestions. I'd also suggest (if you like comedy sort of along the lines of the old "Hee Haw" TV show) catching a show at The Comedy Barn. We've seen the show a number of times, and it is always a great night.

Raymond

http://gosmoky.wordpress.com

Savannah
Level Contributor
23 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sevierville to do list ???

forbidden caverns

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
225 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sevierville to do list ???

Great info Daisyferret! I absolutely LOVE the Smoky Mountain Knife Works, my dad told me that is where he got his favorite little pocket knife years and years ago, so i had to pick up my kids one to start their collection...they have some excellent collections and i think evry kind imagineable.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sevierville to do list ???

Longhorn Steakhouse for a Flo's filet.

Check out the huge flea market out by the interstate and the Tennessee Smokies stadium.

7. Re: Sevierville to do list ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 09, 2010