We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leisure Time Travel - Sunrise Ridge

Chattanooga, TN
1 post
Save Topic
Leisure Time Travel - Sunrise Ridge

Ok, - Probably made a mistake by accepting the "FREE" 2 night vacation getaway -

But anyone ever done this one? They are in Sevierville - I know I'll have to endure the 90 Minute Time Share Episode, but is it a nice place?

Thanks

Douglasville...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Leisure Time Travel - Sunrise Ridge

I too have accepted a "free" 2 night vacation getaway. Did you take yours? I would appreciate any info and your opinion.

Thanks!

rod
Marshall, Michigan
Level Contributor
209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leisure Time Travel - Sunrise Ridge

Sunrise Ridge is a very nice resort in Pigeon Forge, but you will no doubt be staying at a motel in the area. The sales at Sunrise Ridge are being handled by a company owned by the Berkley Group. Berkley Group timeshare sales people are especially aggressive; the only ones with worse reputations are those who sell for Westgate, which also has a timeshare development near Pigeon Forge.

For a reality check, I have been watching all listings on eBay of three resorts in the area for 4 years now. The prices I am quoting are the average prices paid for a 2-bedroom timeshare unit that sold on eBay. Resort A, a Gold Crown resort, $2200; resort B, a Silver Crown resort (or Resort of International Distinction), $1800; resort C, a standard resort, $700. Right now you don't know what "Gold Crown" means, but don't worry, you will be told all about it since Sunrise Ridge has that award.

If all else fails, and you do sign on that infamous dotted line, remember that according to the laws of the state of Tennessee, you can rescind your purchase for no other reason that that you want to rescind.

You may cancel a contract to purchase a time-share interval within ten (10) days from the date of the contract, where you have made an on-site inspection of the time-share project before signing the contract, and, if you have not made such an inspection, within fifteen (15) days from the date of the contract. If you elect to cancel, you may do so by hand delivering notice to the seller within the designated period, or by mailing notice to the seller (or his agent for service of process) by prepaid United States mail postmarked anytime within the designated period.

3. Re: Leisure Time Travel - Sunrise Ridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:10 pm, May 11, 2006