We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

Which Sevierville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

I am trying to book a trip at The Preserve Resort. I've read alot of negative reviews about this place and kinda worried as to whether or not we should book there. I was settling on the Cedar Groves cabin. It comes with, I think, 2 King beds, 3 sleeper sofas, and 2 futons (or 2 beds in loft). How far are the cabins from town? We don't mind the closeness of them together. Also, how are the cabins in general. We are going to have somewhere between 10-12 people and I would like to know if we would be comfortable in this cabin? Thanks!!!

Florida City...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

Obviously, I don't know how you decided on The Preserve for your vacation, but I'm a local and am pretty familiar with many of the resorts in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. I have referred many family members and friends to Smoky Cove Chalet and Cabin Rentals. It is a beautiful and well maintained luxury resort. The rental office is on-site which I have been told is a big plus. Oh well, just thought I would give you my 2 cents worth! Good luck and have fun in the Smokies!

Waterford, MS
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

My family stayed at the Preserve Resort back in 2006. We stayed in on of the Cedar Groves cabins. There were 4 adults and 5 children and we were very comfortable. We enjoyed every minute we were there and did not want to leave the cabin to venture out but we did. Are all of you going to stay in the same cabin?

South
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

We decided on The Preserve Resort and stayed there from December 19-24. We ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERY MOMENT!!! Our cabin was spectacular and the views of the Smoky Mountains was breathtaking. Thanks for the input and we will be back!!!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

Do you remember if the desk clerk was named Misty?? (we are trying to figure out which resort this other person stayed in, she does not say in her message...Don't stay here)

South
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

Mrs. Betty was the front desk customer care employee when we arrived at The Preserve Resort. She was so nice and welcoming to us.

in the country
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

My family stayed at Big Bear Retreat in Smoky Cove Resort in December. We loved it. The cabin was new and had just about every amenity the adults and kids wanted. We spoke with Aaron and Clarinda when making inquiries and finally making our reservations, and both were very professional and accommodating. You can check out Big Bear Retreat at Smoky Cove Chalet and Cabin Rentals in Sevierville.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

If you already stayed at this cabin, why did you just post a question today in the Sevierville forum that you just found a listing on Craig list and ask if anyone knew anything about Smoky Cove?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
745 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

I was thinking about staying at The Preserve Resort next Christmas until I looked it up on this site and saw the reviews and yes the review you asked about was in the reviews along with other problems with customer service from other reviews so we decided to stay at the Inn At Christmas Place in PF up comming in March to check it for next Christmas.

Hope this helps.

South
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

I've found it to be true the saying: "A trip is what you make it." I read some negative reviews about The Preserve Resort but I decided to stay there anyway and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!! We stayed in the Cedar Groves which is a 2 bedroom cabin! It was nice, cozy and had a spectacular view of the Smokey Mountains!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Cedar Groves cabin @ The Preserve Resort

brownskin2008, sounds like you got better customer service and better cleaning service at The Preserve Resort than what territraveler did. (she recently posted a post on here about her experience with them) We have never stayed at The preserve Resort but from looking at the pics, they looked like some nice cabins. We also have our "picks" of which rental companies we like to rent from (and our favorite areas to stay in) and they have also received a few negatives reviews (on here) but we've not been disappointed with either company (yet)