We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet access

Just outside of...
Level Contributor
61 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
internet access

Can anyone tell me if the units at the Wyndham in Sevierville has wireless internet access. I as well as my husband need it for our businesses. When I called they said that they do have it but the info on the internet says otherwise. We are going there this weekend and need to know. Thank you for your advise and info

Houston
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: internet access

My family of 4 (wife and 2 sons (8 & 11) will be staying at the Wyndham in Sevierville 8/9-8/16 for the first time. I'm also interested in the answer to this question.

2. Re: internet access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:10 pm, July 24, 2008
3. Re: internet access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:10 pm, July 24, 2008
Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: internet access

Good thing to ask. I have found out that some places say they have internet and it never works for me (Regency in PF, Bales in GT)then many tell you they have it then when you get there they tell you it is only in the lobby or office.

When I called Park Tower in PF I was told some times! I said what does that mean he said some floors it works on some it does not so we do not say it will work.

After that I started asking when I call places if they have ANY problems with internet working in any rooms at any time. I do not think you should have to dig information out but some times you have to!

Just outside of...
Level Contributor
61 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: internet access

Just so everyone knows, I just came back from there and we did have free wireless internet access in our unit. We were in building 10.

Just outside of...
Level Contributor
61 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: internet access

mkbowlkw, If you have any choice, try to get a unit on the "newer side" It has a much nicer facility, pool, game room etc. The pool near our unit was small and cloudy. Our children are 9, 9, and 11 and were looking forward to going to the Dollywood's waterpark until we found out that it was going to cost around $200.00 for 1 day so we decided not to go.

I highly suggest hiking Abrams Falls. It is a long hike but once you get there you can swim. My husband and kids loved it but watch out for the copperheads. Laurel Falls were very beautiful. Clingmans dome is breathtaking. You really feel the burn walking up there.

Let me know if there are any other questions that you have. I will be happy to share what I know.,

Just outside of...
Level Contributor
61 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: internet access

I forgot to suggest Applewood Farmhouse Resturant is great but make sure that you are really hungry. It is not the grill. It is the old farmhouse all the way in the back. You can read my review of this resturant on this site.

Also the minigolf at the Wyndham is really in bad shape.

Houston
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: internet access

onthepond,

Thanks for the feedback! Like you, my boys are looking forward to Dollywood. You are right, it is expensive, but they do have a Splash & Play special that I am researching. For the 4 of us to attend Dollywood for 1 day is $178, but if we get the Splash & Play it will be $296. With this, we can visit either or both parks on each of 3 days. This will work for us since we will be there for 7 days. Did you all attend any shows? Any recommendations? How far is Dollywood and Splash Country from the Wyndham? We will have a rental car so it won't be a problem either way.

We are eligible for a 2 bedroom, but unfortunately they didn't have any available when we booked (about 4 months ago) so we only have the 1 bedroom. I hope they aren't too smaall. I have been checking in each day to see if someone cancel so that we can get a 2 bedroom.

Just outside of...
Level Contributor
61 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: internet access

mkbowlkw: The unit that we had was very large. We probably would have been fine with a 1 bedroom since the couch is a sofabed. It is very close to Dollywood and the waterpark. When you exit the property you will turn in the opposite direction of Walmart (Depending on which side of the property you are on)When you come to the redlight you make a right onto I think Veterens drive and it is a couple of miles down that road. Not far at all. We did not see any shows. There are quite a few. We went to the arts and craft loop. That is pretty cool. It is several miles of arts and craft store of evey kind you could think of. The kids got bored of that though. We went horsebackriding at a place that the activitied desk recomended. The horses were kind of iffy and they put my children on horses that they didn't seem to know too well. The hike to Abrams Falls is nice. You should set aside 4 - 5 hours for that 2.5 miles each way with some long hills. It really is worth it though. We had a little picnic lunch at the beginning before we hit the trail. Clingmans Cove was also hard but worth it. It is only 1/2 a mile but straight up the mountain. Once you get up to the highest point of the Smoky Moun. you one side is TN and the other side is NC.

We also rode a go cart that was like a wooden roller coaster. Wild Willy? I think it was called. There is just so much to do there depeding on your likes and dislikes.

We did discover a gem on our own that most tourists don't know about. There is a city park that is so nice. It has a pool with 2 water slides and a diving board, a cool playground, 8 tennis courts, basketball and baseball fields. We brought our kids "rip sticks" but could not use them on the property so we took them to this park several times. It is very easy to get to. When you exit the property, turn toward Walmart. At that traffic light, make a right. When you come to the Pilot gas station on the right turn right. It is few miles down that road on the left. It was only $3.00 to get into the pool. Hope this info was helpful.

Just outside of...
Level Contributor
61 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: internet access

Sorry, I meant Clingmans Dome.