We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Creek Falls State Park

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Fall Creek Falls State Park

I am considering going to Fall Creek Falls State Park this year on vacation and I have a few questions.

1 - Is Mid April to Late May a timeframe where it won't be to hot or humid? How about early September?

2 - How much time do you need to spend there?

3 - Is the hiking easy to moderate?

4 - How was your experience there?

Thanks.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Creek Falls State Park

Usally that time of year is good but you never know any more!

How much time? At least a weekend, there is a lot to see, you could spend more time and continue to have fun.

I tried one of the trails that was supose to be easy, it was NOT! The two trails I have done there had many big rocks. There was a lot of crawling!

The main falls is really beautiful, and you can drive almost right up to iy, or take trails. There is sevral falls in this park. Some are short trails, some are not.

The worst thing about this oark is it is spread out and there are NO good maps. The maps they have at the park are a joke.

The lodge is really nice, but booked well in advance most of the time.

There is a camp ground, lake, big swimming poole,a small nature center, and a few stores and snack bars.

It is in the middle of nowhere!

You want to take hwy 40 and get off at the 2nd exit when comming from the East. There are not alot of signs and some roads out there have no street signs.

It is beautiful, a lot of deer.

Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Creek Falls State Park

I live about 1 mile from Fall Creek Falls. If you have any questions at all please feel free to email me @ apresto77@aol.com. I will try to answer some of your questions above.

1. Mid April to late May: Mid April is tricky it could be 80 degrees or it could be snowing. Our weather here in the winter time can be tricky. Late May should be fine but it could possibly be humid. Fall Creek Falls is on a mountain so our weather patterns can be strange.

2. Depends on what you want to do... As far as seeing the sights, 2 days would be plenty. I can see everything in a day. If you want to golf, hike, swim, fish, etc. you could definately stay longer.

3. However you want it.

4. It is a beautiful place and navigating it isn't that hard.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Creek Falls State Park

apresto77, do you know of any good maps of the park? Thank you.

Does the main waterfall ever get full any more like the pictures from years ago?

USA, Tennessee
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fall Creek Falls State Park

We have been in a severe drought for the past couple of years, so the waterfalls there have been barely a trickle. We've had some decent rainfall lately, so for the time being the falls should be back to normal.

5. Re: Fall Creek Falls State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pikeville