We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

orlando
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

Is this show appropriate for 10, 14, and 17 year olds or have they outgrown it?

Lower Alabama
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

It is a show geared for younger kids, The food is not very good. We have a 13 ,8, and 7 year old and they LOVE the Dixie Stampede show. You get your moneys worth by far , The horses and Buffalo are beautiful. Lots of food and it is good. Go early so you can enjoy the saloon show before you go into the arena for the big show. The only thing I can say is I would not get the pre-show drinks in the little boot cup, to me it's a waste of money. When you get inside the arena it's all u can drink with your meal. To us it's the best show in P.F.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

The 10 year old might be ok with the Black Bear, but like the previous poster said, Dixie Stampede appeals to all ages. The food is much better at Dixie too. Your money is better spent at Dixie.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

We loved the BB Jamboree, we had no children with us either. I guess we are just young at heart. We really enjoyed the music productions. We generally go to Country Tonight but last year we went to the BB Jamboree and really enjoyed it. I guess the food was good. I was enjoying the show so much I forgot to notice. LOL

We will go to Dixie Stampede this year for our first time and will probably go back to the Jamboree if we have time. We have been to County Tonight 4-5 times. Comedy Barn is a must no matter how many times we have been there.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

we have been the Comdey Barn and it was great, can't wait to go back, it's good clean family fun for all. My kids love it! Have a great trip

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

Very well said B it is a cute show but the food when we went was really terrible and they gave our seats away to someone else there was only 2 of us we were moved to a corner ?????!!! oh well it was good anyway but the Stampede is the way to go you said it all what we will be doing up there in November Stampede, Country Tonite, and Comedy Barn.

Level Contributor
147 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

Well we liked it and hubby and I are in our late 40's! We went last fall and upon booking our trip in November this year I gave him the choice of Dixie Stampede, Black Bear Jamboree or Fiddler's Feast and he wanted to do Black Bear Jamboree again! It is adult entertainment with kiddy commercials of the animated bears in between the musical and comedy acts, fun for both ages, the broadway musical dancing and singing acts are very good. They do a variety of music.. oldies, gospel, country, showtunes. We always love to go to dinner shows.....2 for the price of one and most are only slightly higher in price than a show alone! Also at BB they have nice tables and chairs, tablecloths and napkins, lanterns for light, and table sized to party, we had a cozy table for 2 in the second row. (Dixie has picnic table style long wood benches, and you are squashed up against strangers.....or new friends...in your row), and at BB they serve you your dinner on a plate like in a restaurant, (Dixie they toss you your meal one piece at a time). I like them both, hubby and son not so crazy about Stampede...although I love the horses and buffalo there myself. Son refused to go again after getting a drink dumped in his lap at the very beginning of the Stampede show the first time we went when they were coming by and throwing the rolls down..he had to sit thru the whole show in sopping wet pants and the only compensation they offered was another drink.....which he declined. When they came by with the hot soup he and hubby both slid off the back of the bench to get out of the way.....haha! We have been to almost all the shows now and some we like better than others, but none so bad we walked out in the middle. Hope you have a great time wherever you decide to go! :)

Mass
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

MCtravelers - I'm curious, where do you get 2 for 1 coupons?? My husband and I are going to PF in Oct. and we have booked many shows (with discount coupons), but none with 2 for 1. Sounds like a great deal

Level Contributor
147 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

OOOpssss sorry, I meant Dinner and a Show both for one price. It's like getting the dinner for free. There are several offers and discounts out there.....I just saw on the BB Jamboree website where you can purchase 2 different show tickets and get a 3rd show ticket for free. :) You might want to check that out if you are interested in any of those other shows.

orlando
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

Thanks all for trying to answer this one for me. I think the kids will kill if the food is awful but I'll keep it, I think, as a back-up show.

10. Re: Black Bear Jamboree - good or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 19, 2009