We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Cabins/Wedding in Pigeon Forge in late DECEMBER

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! Cabins/Wedding in Pigeon Forge in late DECEMBER

My boyfriend and I have decided to get married in December in Pigeon Forge (we are open to Gatlinburg also). The only time I've been there was in October and the weather was perfect. That time I stayed at The Preserve in Wears Valley (really not in the valley, quite high on the mountain). I LOVED the cabins and would definitely stay there again, BUT I'm scared to stay on the mountain side like that in December when the roads are possibly icy/snowy. My family will be coming from South Alabama and we don't have 4x4's. So, my question to everyone is, do you have any suggestions for cabins that have beautiful views (possible backdrop for the wedding) that we don't have to risk our lives to get to and from town? :)

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Cabins/Wedding in Pigeon Forge in late DECEMBER

If you've been to G'burg, you know that a number of side roads run off of the parkway in the section between PF and G'burg. Many of these roads have rental cabins in lovely secluded locations as well as the homes of the local people. Your concern for ice and snow in December is well founded but there are lower level venues available if you hit enough of the rental companies or a suggestion or two from the welcome center.

Unfortunately, the perfect house for your needs is just behind Clabaugh's Campground on Wears Valley Road but the realty company we rented it from folded. I tried to find its current rental agent and came up dry.

You might want to consider getting a rental out on Douglas Lake and have the wedding on the deck overlooking the lake and mountains.

Another option is use one of the churches in Cades Cove like I did when I surprised my wife with a renewal of vows on our 20th anniversary. The use permits are free through the park HQ and you have to admit the scenery even in winter would be breathtaking. Access shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps!!!

2. Re: HELP! Cabins/Wedding in Pigeon Forge in late DECEMBER

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 06, 2015