We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

I have a question about Smoky Mountain Grocery. I have come across their service and think it sounds wonderful especially after a 12 hour drive. I would rather just check in than grocery shop before heading to our cabin.

I looked at their site online and understand the service but wonder - if I just send them my grocery list and cc number...how do I know how much each grocery item costs? I see the $29.99 fee for the shopping and delivery but depending on the price of the grocery items may want more/less goods.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

Myself, I've never used this service yet, but I've read nothing but favorable accounts from people that have. I'm sure that when you get your groceries along with your credit card receipt there'll be an itemized cash register tape showing what was purchased and what each item cost, plus the tax. Other than adding on the $30.00 service fee, it'd be pretty hard to "pad" your bill without you noticing it right away. I hope this helps to clarify your inquiry.

Ray

Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

That is not what I really meant. I am sure groceries cost different there than where I live. If it is a lot more, I will order the basics, if it is less I may splurge on a few things.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

We always bring our food that we need that does not require being cold, then when we get there we go to Food City and pick up the few things that require being cold. It's no big deal and i'm sure it will cost you a whole lot less...Don't let it be a big deal. you will be out in town anyway. just take enough to get you though the night then when you go out the next day stop and pick up the cold stuff before heading back to your cabin simple....have fun and don't worry about the little things.

Nashville...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

Does the service say where they shop? If so, you should be able to go on line to the store and "shop the ad" by selecting only the items you need that are listed in the ad. If you need anything else, you could always say "don't spend more than $X.XX" for an item". I also agree that it is not a big deal to drive into Pigeon Forge to Kroger or Food City (be sure to sign up for the loyalty card program to get the best prices) and do my own shopping, but to each their own.

Illinois, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

We just got home from our vacation there. We got our groceries at the food city in Gatlinburg. It was very nice and they gave us a saver card. I'm now glad we did it this way. It wasn't far from our cabin. Good luck!

Edited: 8:07 am, June 24, 2014
Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

A few weeks prior to us leaving for vacation we'll make up a cauldron of home-made chili, a beef stew or casserole and freeze it good 'n solid. We can make several meals out of these dishes. (nothing tastes better than a bowl of chili or beef stew on a chili afternoon in November.) This also saves us quite a bit of expense to spend on other things.

Ray

Dunkirk, Indiana
Level Contributor
5 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

I agree we shop there also. Good meats and other foods and at as good as prices a Wal-Mart. Plus the food is better.

Umatilla FL
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

Great service and well worth the small fee! Groceries were put away when we arrived. Both Tim and Gina were friendly with exceptional service! Will definately call them again! I work for Walmart and the prices were comparable to what I pay at home. When we visited last year we spent too much of our precious vacation time grocery shopping with the kids. This year we were smart and called Smoky Mountain Grocery! Thank you Tim and Gina!!!!!!

Illinois, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

Thanks for your input! We may try them when we come back! Might be a task to have them get thanksgiving meal fixins ;)

Pelzer SC
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoky Mountain Grocery Question

It's a great service and well worth the money. I will never spend my hard earned vacation time shopping again! Tim was amazing, the service is top notch. I'm so glad this is available, we figured out that we spent 4 hours and lots of stress trying to shop when we arrived. Thanks Tim and Jenna!!!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge