We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Pikeville, Ky.
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bennetts vs. Corkys

Is there a big difference in the two? I'm talking taste of food, price, cleanliness, crowdedness, etc. I've never been to either but plan on visiting one of them on my next visit to PF. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Park Forest, IL
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

Corky's is cheaper and I like their pulled pork better than Bennett's. I prefer Bennett's baby back ribs and being in Gatlinburg you can have a cocktail. You would probably be happy with either one.

pekin IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

Ditto what my fellow Illini/Boss friend said. The ribs at Bennetts are very good, even better with a cold libation. Corky's is good, too. If you don't mind a drive, Aubreys in either Maryville, or Powell(north Knoxville suburb) has excellent ribs, the Mrs swears they're the best, and a fan-dang-tastic peppercorn filet that just can't be beat. Whichever place you choose, ENJOY!

ohio
Level Contributor
181 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

I prefer Corky's b/c I like the food a lot better and I have never had to wait to be seated there. Bennetts in my experience is sort of hit and miss if it will be good service.

alabama
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

Bennet's hands down for me.The one in G'burg.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

Definitely gotta vote for Bennetts! This is my family's favorite restaurant in the Smokies. We always eat there our first night and our last night so we can fit it in twice. I do prefer the one in Gatlinburg, too.

gatlinburg, TN
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

I'm a huge BBQ fan and have had Q all over the US and I will tell you that there's new place (opened in 2005) in Dandridge that's is the BEST I've had!!! (Ribs, pulled; their entire menu is great)

Smoky's BBQ and Steak. He built his own 'smoke house'. It's in the middle of town at the court house in a converted 100+ yr old country hardware store. First-class place. Go early, they already have a huge following. You can also eat on the porch out front and watch the people and cars on Main Street. Worth the short drive.

From PF...go to Sevierville, then you have 2 options.

#1 Go out 66 towards I-40. About 2 miles before you get to I-40 turn right on Douglas Dam Road (just past Swaggerty's Sausage plant. Follow this into Dandridge to Main.

#2 Turn right on Dolly Parton Parkway (321) follow signs to Newport/Dandridge. When you come to the Bush Beans Plant, turn left. This takes you into Dandridge around Douglas Lake, over the bridge and there's Smoky's.

They may have a web site by now...I'll check.

Best meal you will get!

GBG

roseville mi
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

hey gbg sounds like you know bbq

have you tried the ga pit bbq in sevierville and how does it rate?

dininginthesmokies.com/_sevier/georgia_pit_b…

South Mississippi
Level Contributor
245 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

I have never tried Corky's but I did not like Bennet's. I think it was the BBQ sauce. I just did not like the flavor. I am definetly trying Corky's next visit.

gatlinburg, TN
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

Mom of 3

Don't waste your money or time with Ga Pit BBQ.

Go to Food City, Walmart, Kroger and buy 'Cades Cove' BBQ in the refig. case. That's what most of them use. Made in Lenoir City, Tn.

$5.99 for 16 ozs., makes 5-6 sandwiches.

I don't like Bennett's or Corkey's (or Buddy's) Best BBQ here is Calhoun's. Calhoun's does have 'killer' baked beans!! and great burgers. Best burger in town is Howard's on the strip!

GBG

10. Re: Bennetts vs. Corkys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge