We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conceal Carry Question

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Conceal Carry Question

I have a permit to carry in Kentucky.

Can anyone tell me resturants in Pigeon Forge that allow conceal carry or ones that have signs posted prohibiting it ?

Thanks

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Conceal Carry Question

Well, you can't always know when you might need a firearm. A gas station in this county was robbed a while back with a guy that had a large knife. A friend of mine was inside but was helpless to stop the criminal because his gun was in his vehicle. Luckily, no one was hurt but it could have turned out differently. No one can tell when you might need a gun. Frankly, I won't go anywhere that it is banned because that will be the first place theives will go since they know they have no reisistance from anyone.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Conceal Carry Question

I'm going to guess most people who are robbed were in areas where they felt safe, right up to the point someone pulled a knife, gun or otherwise accosted them.

We did notice a couple of places this visit that had clearly posted signs, no weapons of any kind.

I hope the bad guys can read and will follow the posted rules. Somehow, I doubt it.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Conceal Carry Question

I salute those who choose not to patronize those establishments that ban a concealed weapon.

Should I keep my household fire extinguisher out in the vehicle? So I can call the fire department and HOPE that my house doesn't burn down while I attempt to get to the vehicle?

Ray, those were criminals that committed crimes while drinking in establishments and using their firearms. Law Abiding Americans rarely commit these type of crimes just because they've had a drink or two. Statistically, these are prior offenders who should not have a CCL to begin with. You know the statistics back me up on this.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Conceal Carry Question

I don't want anyone to misunderstand me. I'm not against guns...or your constitutional right to own them. And I really do understand the publics feelings about protecting themselves. But the world we live in today is wicked and mean....people are all too willing to kill another person over nothing. It once was a proven statistic that more people were either killed or wounded with their own weapon taken from them, in the process of protecting themselves or their property. It's gotten to be a "catch-22"... you're susceptible to the consequences if you DO, or you DON"T carry a sidearm. I will admit while I was still working, I wore my service revolver everywhere we went. But now that I'm retired, not very often anymore.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Conceal Carry Question

It has been proven that the statistics always touted showing how many people are injured with their own weapons, never factor in all the injuries, deaths and robberies that are "avoided" because someone is carrying.

A lot of the avoided conflicts are never reported, or aren't even realized because the bad guy sees the armed citizen and goes the other way.

Bad people love defenseless prey.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,900 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Conceal Carry Question

As they say when they outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Conceal Carry Question

An armed society is a polite society. I don't drink in bars but I might enjoy a cocktail at a restaurant with my wife. If there are bad guys that want to do us harm, it's my duty to protect my wife and myself. The cops will be at least 5mins away and a lot can happen in that time.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Conceal Carry Question

Enjoy a cocktail in a restaurant in Tennessee or Alabama with a firearm on you and you are commiting a crime. Alcohol consumption, being intoxicated or under the influence of a controlled substance is strictly forbidden while carrying a firearm. You are certainly free to carry your firearm into an establishment that serves alcohol but you can't be drinking.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Conceal Carry Question

I was a city police officer in north-east Ohio for many years. And during that time many times I was called to an argument at a bar or nightclub where differences in opinions resulted in people either being wounded or more tragically shot and killed over the fact that either one or both parties were armed and drinking. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes or take away your Constitutional rights...but the hard facts are guns and alcohol should never be mixed. If you feel you need to "carry", the next time you and your wife go out to celebrate, perhaps you need to change establishments, or, better yet, stay home and celebrate.

Save Reply
30. Re: Conceal Carry Question

Yes are incorrect in this matter. You may carry in establishments that serve alcohol but you cannot be in possession of a firearm while you are consuming

alcohol or under the influence of alcohol.