We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
105 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

Trying to plan a last minute getaway this weekend and can't find a hotel. Is there an event going on?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

Have you entered your dates on Pigeon Forge dot com website to get hotel results? You can also look and see if there are any events in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.

It may just be busy due to people coming in for Spring flowers and trees blooming viewing. We were there a couple of days over the Easter weekend and it was just beautiful in the mountains and around town. The Dogwoods were wonderful to look at.

pigeonforge.com/Stay-A-While/Hotels-And-Mote…

http://www.gatlinburg.com/

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

From now through late fall, there are probably one or two events each weekend. Some large, some small.

We like the Music Road Hotel. Very nice, good amenities. Did you try there?

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

I'm not sure if anything is going on this weekend, but it's always best to call the hotel directly instead of booking online... We always stay at Park Grove Inn in Pigeon Forge and if it's booked I stay at River Bend Inn that is their sister hotel, they are both very nice, clean hotels and we love to stay here. It will be busy with all the bad weather that we had this winter, everyone wants to get away on a beautiful weekend for a change. Good luck but be sure to call the hotels directly and check on vacancy.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

Loretta Lynn will be at Country Tonight Saturday April 26th.

That may be all it takes?

Mooresville, North...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

As far as I know, there are no major events going on.

Some schools will have the week after Easter off for spring break. We are currently in Pigeon Forge with our kids for spring break and see tons of other families with kids. Also, the nice weather has also caused more last-minute travelers. Today (Friday) is rainy but the past few days and Sat/Sun are expected to be very nice.

I hope you find something.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

I guess we should have asked, which "nicer" hotels are booked?

At Christmas Inn it is commonly hard to get last minute reservations.

We think the Music Road Hotel is maybe the second nicest place in PF where we have stayed.

Comfort Inn on Teaster is another of our faves.

We've stayed at five other hotels in PF, I think, they were all ok, just nothing special.

Edited: 12:29 pm, April 25, 2014
Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

The Spring Rod Run was moved back due to Easter this year. Normally, the car show is the 3rd weekend in April.

8. Re: Why are nicer hotels sold out this weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 29, 2015