We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap motels

Angola, Indiana
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap motels

I am a college student and I am looking at going to PF the week of Aug 21. I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on where to stay in PF or Gatlinburg that is cheap. So far I am looking at the Rodeway Inn for 35.95 and the River Bend Inn for 39.95. I dont really need the best room in the world, but I do want the room to be descent. Any suggestions? Thanks

Oh, by the way, I am traveling with my boyfriend. He is also a college student.

Lower Alabama
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap motels

Just to let ya know , If you like pools the pool at River Bend Inn is soooooo small ,after a few people get in it's packed. I can't believe a motel in such a high tourist area would put in a pool that small. We have read many good posts about the Rodeway Inn . The trolley stops out front, ride over to Gatlinburg on the trolley since you are staying in P.F. It's a fun town to walk around in. In P.F. everything is so far spread out it's hard to walk to stuff but in Gatlinburg you can. Parking is hard to find in Gatlinburg. Visit the Aquarium it is wonderful. Dollywood is great and so is the Dolly's Splash Country and also the National Park , Hike on some of the trails and see a beautiful water fall., take a picnic and enjoy!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,180 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap motels

I've stayed at the Rodeway several times and never had a bad experience. I may be there staying for three nights at the same time you are, so I highly recommend it.

If we don't go to Wilmington, I'll be heading to P.F. and staying at the Rodeway from Aug. 20-23rd.

I've posted a review of it on the motels page myself.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap motels

Hello sacasmgirl,

Motel 6 in Pigeon Forge has a coupon for rooms for 24.99. go to www.the oig.com and you can print it out or order a free hotel savings book. They mail out real fast to you. They will take a reservation over the phone and honor the coupon for that rate. Their motel is clean, not fancy. They have a pool and hot tub. The reason I know this to be a fact I have rented some rooms for my 18 year for About that same time. I talked with the lady named Jennifer, extremely nice when making the reservation. He just wanted something with a pool, something clean and near the trolley so that he could catch it and save on gas. Some and most motels will not honor those coupons unless you are a walk in with out reservations. Jenifer said that they do honor thema nd sent me aconfirmation staing the rate at 24.99. So he staying 3 nights for 75.00 + tax My son is a second year college student and does not have alot of extra money to spend on rooms

We are staying at the Royal Town Motor Inn in Gatlinburg, August 12 th and 13th for 59.99 a night. It is located near Stop light #7.

We are staying at the River Bend Inn August 14-17 for 39.99. Yes, they do have a small pool. We have been there in the past and love its location. The Inn is new , built in 2005. They also have this thing about taking breakfast back to the room. BUT I DO take it back to the room. I never had a problem with that before, but some others have. So me , being me, called them the other week and told them if I could not take my breakfast food to the room I would cancel the reservation. They assured me I could. I made a point of saying you have Micorwaves and refrigs in al the rooms for food items, what is the difference in breakfast food and other food you bring in being taken to the room.

Have fun

4. Re: Cheap motels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 15, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question