We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Anybody have a recommendation for a barbecue restaurant around Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg?

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Favorite places to eat is a subject with as many different opinions as there are restaurants. There are several bar-b-que shops in the Pig/forge and Gat/burg area. I haven't been to all of them, but a few that I HAVE, are CALHOUNS in Pig/forge. In my opinion, their other menu was much better than their bar-b-que sandwich. BENNETT'S pulled pork sandwich was mediocre, but no slaw or hot sauce was included. But their fried pickles were fantastic. I know CORKIES bar -b-que is a "chain restaurant" but they had the best, tastiest sandwich and the most flavorable bar-b-que sauce and it came with slaw. You'll just have to try them out or yourself and form your own opinion.....then add your name to that long list of opinions.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Tony Gores bbq in Sevierville is very good, we have not had anything bad at that place, it is not a fancy place, but it is a bbq place

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Our two favorite places for barbeque are Corky's and Tony Gore's in Sevierville. Calhoun's also has great ribs and is our overall favorite restaurant in the area.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
5,321 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Clints Bbq is really good and we had great service there.

http://clintssmokymountainbbq.com/

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,494 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

I agree, Corkys beats Bennets any day. we also like Litle River BBQ over in Townsend. Makes a great stop after visiting Cade's Cove and is on the River at the end of the tube run.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

If you want ribs Calhouns is the best. There pulled pork is also great but we like Bennett's too.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Best ribs in Pigeon Forge........ Texas Roadhouse! Yeah, I know, that's not new, or unusual, probably have one near your home town. Doesn't matter, it's where to go for ribs.

Nashville...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

If you really like ribs and a lot of them, Corky's offers an all-you-can-eat option for about $18-$20. They serve them wet or dry (dry is seasoned with a rub, which I think is quite tasty. They also offer an ayce pork and chicken dinner for about $15-$16.

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
545 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Clints has been closed since just after xmas 2013.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
544 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barbecue in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

Hungry Bear BBQ in Gatlinburg or Pittman Center. very good pulled pork, beef brisket, ribs etc. great side to choose from. I you go to the Pittman Center location (US 321 heading North out of downtown Gatlinburg) you are near the Greenbrier section of the park. Nice to eat on a big rock in the middle of the river.