We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

Can Anyone tell me if they are doing road work on the roads from Pigeon Forge to the Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Seviervile?

Park Forest, IL
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

Misscrispy I don't know where thr kife works are but look at Laurel Springs post about the new route to Sevierville in the Gatlinburg forum it looks like it should relieve some of the traffic headaches.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

Bad news for you; the Knife Works store is located on Hwy 66.

Yes, they are doing bridge construction on Hwy 66 near Sevierville from I-40, and yes, you'd have to "go through" the construction to get to the knife works store.

If you go, be sure to go very, very early in the morning on a Mon-Thur. This will be your best bet for avoiding the majority of heavy traffic in that area.

Hooks, Texas
Level Contributor
199 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

We went to the Knife Works store with no problem but that was the first of June. There was construction but it wasn't too bad. I would recommend going my husband and son had a ball. There is stuff for the women to browse through downstairs so it wasn't too bad for me and my daughter. The guys hit the $1.99 bargain bin and we brought home knives for everyone.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

We go to the Knife works about 3 times a year and I like it as much as my husband. I go to the kitchenstuff and home decor and shop while he looks at knifes. Thanks to all for the info. Our plans are to go on Tuesday, Aug. 15 around 1:30 to about 5:30. How do you all think the traffic will be then?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
268 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

We never have much trouble getting to the SMKW from Pigeon Forge/Sevierville, but gettting BACK has been troublesome for us. Usually lots of bumper to bumper traffic, but it does at least move, even if it's crawling.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

yes that is the norm for us too.

7. Re: Traffic from Pigeon Forge to Smoky Mountain Knife Works

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 16, 2009