We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LeConte Center Grand Opening; Did Anyone Attend?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,485 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
LeConte Center Grand Opening; Did Anyone Attend?

The Leconte Convention Center was scheduled to have their grand opening yesterday (Oct. 9th) and I was just wondering if anyone attended.

I'd like to come up and take a walk-through of it before WWW this January just to get a feel of how the place is laid out.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
534 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LeConte Center Grand Opening; Did Anyone Attend?

I did not attend the Grand Opening, but I was there for a meeting yesterday. The place is beautiful and definitely an asset to Pigeon Forge. Plenty of pre-function space, and one of the largest free-span convention halls in the country. If you stop by during the week, I'm sure they would be glad for your to look around. The offices are located on the Jake Thomas Road side of the facility.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,485 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LeConte Center Grand Opening; Did Anyone Attend?

Thanks for the update. I'm hoping to visit before autumn is over if they ever get the park reopened and intend to go down and see the place if I can get in.

I've been watching it grow since WWW last January and can't wait to attend this year's (2014) WWW to experience the entire place. We've had such a problem with space over at Music Road and I'm sure glad this one is much bigger and has much more area for parking.

3. Re: LeConte Center Grand Opening; Did Anyone Attend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 16, 2014