We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
70 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

I absolutely LOVE both Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg but I was wondering if there are places similar to them? Places that have a lot of things to do in a small area. Tons of activities and things to see and do all within close walking or driving distance. I've heard Branson, Mo. Anyone been there also?

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

Wisconsin Dells is somewhat along the same lines......lots of touristy shops and activities like mini golf. Also a ton of waterparks (indoor and outdoor). There are also boat tours and Duck tours and a few nice state parks nearby, such as Devil's Lake State Park.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

You should go to Helen,GA it's nice and has a alpine theme in the town.

The Dell's has just about everything that Pigeon Forge has. Very Touristy.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

Helen Ga. came to my mind too. It is smaller than Gburg but it is a walking city. I would guess the pkwy is about 1/2 the size of Gburg. Not near as many restaurants and shops and no shows or dinner theaters. It too is in the mountains and there are some beautiful hiking trails and parks to see in the area. Were only about 1.5 hours from there and we make a day trip of it and have camped there numerous times.

http://www.helenga.org/

Franklin, Ohio
Level Contributor
171 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

Branson is similar to Gatlinburg/PF, but in my opinion Gatlinburg/PF area is much better.

Alabama
Level Contributor
965 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

You will be greatly disappointed in Helen!!!

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
483 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

Myrtle Beach. First time we drove through PF, I thought we'd taken a wrong turn. Of course MB has the beach in addition to the other attractions.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,849 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

Panama City, Florida has lots of rides, games and tourist things to do along the boardwalk plus great beaches. Can be very crowded during spring break season (March / April)

I also like Savannah, Ga and Charleston, SC but they don't have the rides, games, etc like PF and GBurg. More historical plus lots of little shops, bars and restaurants and not far from good beaches.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

I would have to say Wisconsin Dells most closely resembles the GB/PF area from all the places we have been.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,740 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

When visiting on a trip a few years ago, Keystone, SD just outside Mt. Rushmore reminded me a lot of the area around PF/Gatlinburg.

Lombard, Illinois...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places similar to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

Branson is just about the same but maybe a little smaller...take that statement lightly though, it's not small by any means. I'm just (somewhat) lucky that Chicago is equal distance between the two! I'd love to hear about other places like both Branson and Gatlinburg, though too!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge