We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

Our usual route to PF is I-81 to I-40 E to Newport exit/US 411, which we follow to Veterans Blvd. in Sevierville. The TN Road Construction website is showing possible delays on I-40 E around MM 424-425 - the bridge across the French Broad River. Would anyone please comment on taking I-40 W to exit 417/Rt. 92, and taking 92 to US 411? We plan to arrive on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
La Porte, IN
Level Contributor
105 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

what was the completion date for the construction--if it said?

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

We have taken exit 417 from I-40 many times. TN 92 goes through Dandridge and across Douglas Lake. Follow that to TN 411. TN 92 intersects 411 at the Bush's Beans factory. Turn right and you know the rest. This is a real viable alternative to going all the way to exit 407.

Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

Paula, TDOT shows the expected completion date as 12/31/15.

Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

WhiteWizard, thanks for the info. Is TN 92 marked well through Dandridge? Is it hard to find the route from I-40 to TN 92? I'm familiar with where TN 92 intersects with 411 at Bush's Beans. I remember the big curve because it's a little confusing which direction to turn.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

TN 92 is well marked. There is a turn or two to be made in Dandridge, but once you cross the bridge over Douglas Lake, there are no more turns until 411. We will probably be taking that way in next month.

Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

Thanks, WhiteWizard. I greatly appreciate your info!

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

We'll be making the trip this coming November. Our normal way of coming to Pig/Forge is travel on I-40 east till we reach exit 407. Exit off at 407 (Gat-burg / Pigeon Forge / G.S.M.N.P. exit) Then follow traffic into Pigeon Forge. Will we have any problems sticking with these directions?

Ray

Edited: 6:10 pm, September 19, 2013
Huntington, WV
Level Contributor
110 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

Ray, I don't know if you'll have problems, but I hate trying to negotiate all the traffic from exit 407 through to PF, plus all the stop/go/"let's dart all the way across the highway to turn into a store/restaurant/hotel" traffic! I'm assuming there is still construction on Rt 66 to Sevierville. I'd much rather drive a country road and be able to keep moving! That's why I look for the alternate routes.

Mentioned in this post
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
9. Re: Another question on how to get to Pigeon Forge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 21, 2014