We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollywood Shows

Bardstown, KY
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Dollywood Shows

When do they start seating for shows? How much time should we allow to get seats. Do they usually fill up or not? Any tips on how to see as many shows as possible?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,451 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood Shows

Theater seating usually opens 15 to 30 minutes before showtime, most 30 minutes. Many times, they do fill up.

Best advise I can give is to get one of the "times guides" the minute you reach the park and mark the show which are "can't miss" on your list. Then work out the times you need to be at each one before you ride the first ride. Start with the shows that have the fewest performances, and then work down.

This is especially critical if you have a "short day" and limited shows (like we have had during the Christmas season). Work the entire day around the shows you want to see.

Dresden, Tennessee
Level Contributor
33 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood Shows

Many hotels offer the next day free. I think that's the best way to ride all the rides and see all the shows that interest you. There's a list on the Dollywood web site of the hotels that offer the "Next Day Free" tickets. Thte Willow Brook also offers them, they just started this season so that hotel isn't on the list yet.

Bardstown, KY
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood Shows

I found the following on the website. Does anyone know if this is valid for tickets purchased at the park or do you have to buy them online to get this deal?

After 3:00 PM, Next Day FREE!!!

04/01/2006 - 10/27/2006

April 1 - October 27, 2006, our "After 3:00 PM" program allows you to enter Dollywood after 3:00 PM and get in FREE to Dollywood the next operating day. Parking fees are not included. This program is valid on one-day Dollywood admission tickets April 1, 2006 through October 27, 2006. It is not valid during the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival at Dollywood.

Bardstown, KY
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood Shows

I called Dollywood and asked about the special after 3 pm deal.

She said it was good on any ticket purchased anywhere as long as you enter the park after 3 pm.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollywood Shows

Like Blgraves stated, there are also certain hotels that offer guests special tickets for two day admission.

I do not know anything about these tickets but here is the website.

If your hotel happens to be one of them, then you might want to call and ask how much these tickets cost if gotten through their hotel.

It is only good for those staying at select hotels.

dollywood.com/special-offers/default.aspx…

Bardstown, KY
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollywood Shows

I tried our hotel, but they don't have the tickets. Anyone know where I could find the coke cans with the $5.00 off offer on them? I heard eastern tenn., but I don't want to waste a lot of time looking for them.

Are they readily available?

Also can anyone tell me how difficult it is to get from the parking lot to the gate? How much time does it take?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,451 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dollywood Shows

Coke cans with the discounts should be able to be found anywhere in the area at most any store. The cans are distributed regionally, so the cans in the P.F. area will have the discounts for Dollywood, I would hope (at least that's how it works in my town).

Concerning the parking lot at Dollywood, if you go early enough, you can park close to the gate, otherwise, they have those little parking lot trams to take you to the gate. Tram time is about 5 to 10 minutes depending on how many stops in the parking lot they make. I would definitely get there early, as the parking lot at the park isn't all that big and could fill up later in the day.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dollywood Shows

You can also hop on a trolley and it will take you to Dollywood so you could save parking fees. Just get a trolley map and it will explain which ones go to where. I believe they are color coded. Only costs 50 cents and you might have one that stops close to your hotel that also goes to Dollywood. They usually run every 20 mins or so.

Somerset,Ky
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dollywood Shows

When we was there last month, We got some 12 packs of cokes at Food City and they had the $5 DollyWood Discount on them.

We also always get there early to get a pretty good place to park. The entire "A" section is handicap parking Getting there 30 min or so before they open, we parked in section "B" but it was getting filled up quickly. And I'm sure it's much busier now than it was in May.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dollywood Shows

Park by the tram stops, they do not have anyone telling you where to park. At the end of the day, you may have to wait in a line to catch a tram, by they have alot of trams to get you out to your car.

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge