We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

We are heading to Dollywood on May 29th. I am a size 18/20. I also have fairly large breasts. I have tried SO hard to lose weight and I have lost about 17lbs but Im still large. Do you think I will have trouble fitting in the rides? We are going with my in laws (who already judge me for my weight) so I REALLY don't want to use the tester seats or worse yet, NOT FIT! :*-( can you tell me what rides to just avoid all together? Or do you think Im pretty safe? Thank you all so much.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

Body shape and size matter more than overall weight. There's no way to tell if you will fit without trying. Rides with over-the-shoulder restraints like Wild Eagle and Mystery Mine may be your biggest problem if you are large in the chest area. I have seen more people turned away from Thunderhead though as the seats are a tight fit anyway and the lap bar has to be able to lock across your waist.

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

I agree thunderhead often turns people away for that reason, and the roller coasters with shoulder restraints could pose a problem.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
462 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

Anwestbrooks, congrats on your weight loss. I KNOW that's not an easy accomplishment.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

I too want to congratulate you on your weight loss. Don't get discouraged! I hope you have a wonderful trip and a good visit to Dollywood!

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

I am a little bigger than you, and I can not fit the flying swings or barn stormer. I am a 22/24 large chested as well.

Just Outside...
Level Contributor
55 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

If you want to ride the Mystery Mine make sure that you get one of the outside seats. It seats 4 across. My hubby is borderline and if he sits in the outside seats he is fine.

I agree with Thunderhead. If one ride will not work, it'll be that one.

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work.

Woodridge...
Level Contributor
16 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

Congrats on your weight loss! That is a great loss!

I was looking at the Dollywood website and found the following. I hope the information assists.

"Note: Guests must be able to fit properly into all ride restraint systems to participate. Due to the nature of the restraint systems and seat configurations, certain attractions may not accommodate individuals approaching 270 pounds and/or 6 feet 4 inches in height. Guests of larger stature are encouraged to use test seats prior to entering the queue lines at Wild Eagle, Mystery Mine, Barnstormer and Thunderhead."

dollywood.com/themepark/…Thunderhead.aspx

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

Thanks so much! I feel a bit better. I've decided to wear my sports bra (it crunched the "girls" down). Lol! I'm also trying to drop water weight this week. That may help with some bloating in my belly.

9. Re: Overweight and headed to Dollywood... Please help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge