We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belle Island Open Yet?

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Belle Island Open Yet?

Well, we didn't see Belle Island last year and now we are anticipating our annual trip to the Smokies in 4 months. Will we see Belle Island this year? Recent travelers please let me know if you saw any progress off the Parkway in PF or if you heard any rumors of an opening.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Belle Island Open Yet?

Thank you both for the encouraging words about the senior trip.

B - I have one more after this and believe me he is watching every step very closely :) Our oldest son did not take a trip like this. He has more of the mountains in him, like me. I love the fall in Gatlinburg too. The cool temps, the leaves, the Arts and Craft's community with the leaves crunching under my feet, and the hot chocolate from that Friar Donut place in the Village. I think it is my favorite time there. Have you ever gone to the fall Craftsman's Fair at the convention center? It is nice, but the main reason we go to it is because they have a fantastic entertainer named Tim Watson that performs on certain dates at the fair. He is so funny and so very talented. If you can catch his show you should. There is no extra charge for the show just the 5$? fair fee . I don't think we will make it there this fall. Would love to, but that might stretch us a little too thin. Cincinnati has it's Tall Stacks Riiverboat festival this year in October, and that is alway a fun time. Tim Watson will be here on that weekend performing on the General Jackson Riverboat. May try to catch him there. In July we were trying to get a place on the river in Townsend, but we have not made any decisions yet. I guess I better hurry up and do so! Our kids would prefer the action in Gatlinburg.

sNaKeYeZ - thank you for your kind words too. She will be okay I guess, and she seems to be getting used to the idea of me being close by - at least this afternoon she is (could change at any moment LOL). She is off to college in the fall - in town, but dorming. Our oldest did not do that either. He is still here going to college. So our daughter is the one breaking ground for our youngest! We will all survive I'm sure. Thanks!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Belle Island Open Yet?

Smokiesgirl,

I guess you are thinking of staying in a cabin on the river in Townsend? Let me know where you end up staying. We haven't stayed in any cabins in Townsend in a while. We kinda hit all areas when we go. Townsend hotel one night, drive into Gatlinburg for one or two nights in a hotel or condo on the parkway, then settle into a cabin in PF or Gat for the last of the trip. I guess we try to have a little piece of all of them. The last 2 trips we stayed at All Seasons Cabins in PF. It is on Wears Valley Road so we are central to all surrounding areas. We really like the rates,location and the owners are great hosts.We will probably book with them again unless I find something I like better.

Have a good "Senior Trip". I am sure they will have a great time.

13. Re: Belle Island Open Yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 15, 2009