We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

Ive read the reviews to this place some sound good others not so well, just wondering if anyone has ever stayed there before, we are planning a trip for three days in July and the price is right for us for that time of the year..just hoping maybe I can get some info from all you helpful folks out there!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

bump

tennessee
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

what you need to kn about the smokey shadows is there are two parts....one is a dump and the other is really nice...they will quote you a rate on the dump...when you go there and see the room and complain they will offer to put you in the nicer one for maybe double the price....the dump is the orginial smokey shadows....painted cinderblock walls and dirty.....the new part is really nice....be sure and tell them you want a quote on the newer part....

tennessee
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

wanted to tell you also that i stay at the econolodge riverside...go to choice.com sometimes you get a better rate...or just call the front desk.....

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

thanks for replying, I read the reviews and they are saying basically the same thing you said, so I don't think I will be offering them my business, thanks for the info.

Union Grove, Alabama
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

Just wanted to give you a little more info on this place. I've stayed here before and will be staying there again next week for a week long stay. There are two parts to the hotel...a newer, nicer part and the older part. We stayed in the older part. Our room was not dirty. Our room was cleaned every day and only once did we not have enough towels and we called and got some within just a few minutes. We had a fridge/micro in the room and both were clean and worked well. We had no problems at all with the ac. They have two pools and both were just fine for our family. There is also access to the creek and a deck/balcony area at the indoor pool that you can enjoy. You can have continental breakfast there, but we chose to take our "vouchers" and eat the breakfast at the Grand. They are all run by the same people. The only thing we had to pay for was our drinks. All in all, it is a good place to stay or I'd not be going back to stay again. I hope this helps.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

how in the world can the same place have to totally different reveiws?? Im not a picky person, but I do want a clean room, pool area for my kids and myself, surelly another company isn't paying peopel to derate other places around PF and GB

Union Grove, Alabama
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

When I read posts, I take into account how different people actually are. Some people are very picky while others realize that the world isn't perfect. Is Smoky Shadows perfect? No. The rooms could have been bigger and the indoor pool is a little small. I would have liked a full breakfast at the hotel instead of going to another, but look how many don't even offer breakfast at all. As I said before, our rooms were clean, actually very clean. I read posts where they said their socks were filthy and they had to buy bug spray, lysol, etc. None of that happened with us. We were charged a very low price and that year, we had not even made reservations ahead of time. Our room was on the ground level and was three doors away from the front desk. The pool area when we were there was very clean. The indoor pool clear all the way to the bottom and the outdoor pool was also. We didn't have any bad experiences at all. I am totally relying on my past experience for our trip next week. We'll stay there the week of June 19th. When I get back, I'll do another review in case things have changed and if I am disappointed, I'll be honest about it.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
459 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

Thanks Tumbleweed, I know ppl are different and all, we aren't going till some time in July (I hope), so I'll be watching for your post, have a great trip and be safe. J

Union Grove, Alabama
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

We just returned from a week in PF and stayed once again at the Smoky Shadows motel. Let me start with the cons!! Our fridge in the room wasn't working and we reported it immediately. Two days later, the lady at the front desk said they worked on it. It did SEEM to be a little cooler, but we left our sandwich meat in the freezer section which was working. They need to vacuum better. They also should have some nice smelling spray to use after they clean the room. Our room didn't stink and wasn't musty, but it didn't smell fresh either. The indoor pool area was WAY too warm. The water itself was pleasant, but the room was so warm that it made it hard to enjoy the water. EVERY person that we came in contact with in housekeeping spoke limited English. This made it difficult to tell them anything. Okay...now the pros!! CHEAP!! We stayed seven nights for 340 after tax. Our bed linens were very clean and our pillows were fluffy and white. We had plenty of towels, lotion, soap, etc every day. Our AC worked great. The outdoor pool area was great for the kids. The area out back was great. We sat and watched the kids play in the creek. The grills were clean. All of the exterior was nice and clean.

So...all in all, it was okay. It wasn't wonderful, but it is what it is. A very cheap motel with decent rooms. If you want to spend your money on other things, then this is the place for you.

10. Re: Smoky Shadows Motel And Conference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 16, 2009