We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

R T
Newport, Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
smoking

Where can I go that allows me to smoke cigarettes? I tolerate a multitude of smells I don't like from people who smoke and people who don't smoke so I am not interested in lectures. I would just like to know what places would like my money for enjoying myself in the manner I wish. Please be helpful and neighborly in your responses.

Thanks

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking

Tennessee passed a law several years ago that does not allow smoking inside public buildings, like hotels and restaurants. I'm pretty sure that this includes balconies of hotel rooms. It's similar to the law that Ohio has. If you're from Newport, you are probably familar with Ohio's law. It's still OK to smoke outside. Hope this helps.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking

health.state.tn.us/smokefreetennessee/faq.htm

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking

No need for the chip on the shoulder. But, it might help if you tell us what you want to do while smoking; eat, drink, dance, fish?

Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking

I don't smoke but I also don't mind those that do it should be everybody's choice. As far as public smoking you can smoke from your price balcony at the hotels but its up to the parrogative of the hotel. You can't smoke on side walks that are within 25 feet of a door or entrance to a public place. However I see ppl doing this all the time and its never enforced that I have seen. In today's times there are so many more ppl that don't smoke than those that do they have to cater to however they make the most money

5. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 01, 2014