We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bar-b-que

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
swva
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
bar-b-que

anybody out there eaten at calhouns and if so what did you think

Fayetteville
Level Contributor
545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bar-b-que

Ask on the Gatlinburg forum. many people have said it's good food.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bar-b-que

blue20,

Calhouns has long had a reputation for good food at a reasonable price. We have not eaten at the one in Pigeon Forge yet, but we plan to on our next trip (which won't be soon enough for me!!)Have enjoyed Calhoun's in GB on several occassions.

I would be surprised if you were not satisfied with the food, prices, and service at Calhouns.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bar-b-que

Calhouns is fantastic. Consistant, quality meal...ribs will be some of the best you ever eat.

swva
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bar-b-que

thanks everybody i cant wait

Alexandria, LA
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bar-b-que

When we ate at Calhouns, the ribs were cold (had been cooked and evidently refrigerated, then partially warmed) and the other food was just okay.....overpriced.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
745 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bar-b-que

blue20,

My most favorite place to eat is Calhouns in Gatlinburg, TN. We live 4 hours away and go there every year for my birthday for the past 4 years! We have ordered their Hickory Smoked Prime Rib (it was wonderful) and we ordered their Baby Back Ribs which were great too.My husband loves their spinich it is very spicy ! A little too spicy for me but it does have a good flavor.We have only had one problem in the last 4 years (a steak was not done medium well but rare, and I am very pickey eater) the manager fixed the problem with a new steak and gave us our meal for free(he would not let us pay)!So we still had great food and for free!

7. Re: bar-b-que

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 16, 2009