We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one interesting story about fire

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Topic
one interesting story about fire

firefighters rescued 7 newborn pups that were born underneath a cabin in BBR. They are little and were crying when firefighters were checking all cabins for evacuations. A firefighter heard them somehow over all the activity. Thankfully they were found so are at the shelter in great shape.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one interesting story about fire

A bit of great news from a bad event. Thanks, grassmower!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one interesting story about fire

I heard that too on our local news (Nashville) Glad to hear they are ok and no one was seriously hurt. Been hearing/reading different stories about how many cabins were destroyed, damaged, etc. Last I heard was 2 people injuried, 59 cabins burnt, 16 damaged/smoked, 1 vehicle burnt and pups rescued. Grassmower, do you know if this is correct or close to being correct? I also read on a (Pigeon Forge) real estates web site where several of the cabins in there were empty and/or being forclosed on, 30+ from this resort were on this real estate companys web site. Some even had signs posted on the door/front window stating they were unfit to be occupied, but that could be something they post in forclosure homes. Also heard/or read where this fire started on the back deck of an empty cabin. Not sure if the "Empty" means no one was renting the cabin at the time or if it was actually empty and in forclosure/up for sale. Anyone know?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one interesting story about fire

That is great news that the puppies were rescued. Did it say anything about the Mama dog? I bet she must be worried, not being able to find her babies. :(

One article that I read yesterday stated that the fire had started in a hot tub at one of the cabins. It was empty (being drained?) but the motor was still on, causing the pump to burn up and catch fire. Leading it to catch the cabin on fire and then spreading. I read so many articles online yesterday, I can't remember which site this was on. So it might not be completely accurate-- especially if the cabin was one of those being foreclosed. It is a miracle that no one lost their lives during the fire.

Karen

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one interesting story about fire

Awe, thanks for sharing. I am so glad something good come from this tragedy.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one interesting story about fire

do you know what shelter? headed up there tomorrow ( our rental not affected) and would LOVE to see about adopting...

sevierville TN
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: one interesting story about fire

the pups are a month away from adoption because they are so small.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: one interesting story about fire

yeh it looked like in the photos they were not weaned, very young, but do you know ...are they at the Humane Society in Pigeon Forge? We can make arrangements if they will talk to us. we can go in person while there.

Thanks!

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: one interesting story about fire

I thought I read it was the Sevier County Humane Society which is on one of the roads off of The Spur. So glad the puppies were rescued but wish they had been able to find the mother.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: one interesting story about fire

thanks for sharing the good news about the puppies, I too am worried about the mommy dog, does anyone know if she made it or was able to be found.

North Port, Florida
Level Contributor
96 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: one interesting story about fire

Aw that is so good to hear! I love animals, specially puppies. So glad to hear they weren't hurt and are doing good. So sad about the fire, but glad to hear some good news!

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge