We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good places to eat

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
good places to eat

looking for good places to eat that are kid friendly and where you get your money's worth.we like mexican food and heard that no way joses was a real good place to go.but other than that we have no clue.we are open for suggestions.thanks

Mississippi
Level Contributor
268 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: good places to eat

Stay away from No Way Joes's IMHO this is the worst place we've ever eaten at while on vacation.

I responded to your post over in the Gatlinburg forum, but here's the reply:

1) NASCAR Cafe - Sevierville at Governor's Crossing - If you care anything about NASCAR racing, this is the place for you. We don't have kids, but I can't imagine a kid not loving this place. Real size cars that rev up and stuff while you eat. Good food too.

2) Alabama Grill - Pigeon Forge/Sevierville border - museum like restaurant for the country music band Alabama. Huge food portions. Last time we went the food wasn't as great as it had been in the past. If you don't care for the band Alabama, you might want to skip it.

3) Fannie Farkles - Gatlinburg - It's an arcade yes, but they sell HUGE corndogs on the street there. The corndogs are made from two hot dog weenies! I've loved these since I was a kid, and if you buy a drink you get a nice take-home plastic cup of Fannie Farkle. Good deal if you want a fast lunch on the street of Gatlinburg.

our other favs:

4) Hard Rock Cafe - Gatlinburg

5) Pancake Pantry - Gatlinburg (go early!)

6) Bennett's BBQ - Gatlinburg (we've always liked it, heard not so good things about the same chain in PF)

7) Rocky River Grill - Sevierville at Governor's Crossing

I'd also like to add to this post that we like to eat at the Applewood Farmhouse Grill sometimes (next to the Apple Barn) and also the Apple Tree Inn in Pigeon Forge for breakfast sometimes. These two places aren't high up on our list, but are good.

For a nicer meal we like The Park Grill in Gatlinburg. Good food and great service.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: good places to eat

Heres an ad from our nonsponser.... hehe.....

When it comes to mexican say no way jose!

SO NO!

Now way Jose is horrible!

13. Re: good places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 pm, August 13, 2009