We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lockport
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

I am overwhelmed by the hotels, lodges, inns, etc! My sister and I are traveling with my senior parents in may, flying into Knoxville. We want a convenient location, preferably with a nice view and a little quieter at night possibly just off the main highway. We plan to travel to each city or nearby locations.

Any suggestions where the best location would be for a first time visitor? Right now we are looking at places such as the best western, comfort inn, etc. Looking for something affordable but nice.

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
825 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

www.appleviewresort.com

This is a nice condo located about a mile from the main parkway in PF. It sits on the river, so the balconies overlook the river and out to the mountains. Both times we have been it has been very quiet there at night and we like to stay there for that reason and the convenience of being close to everything. It is probably about the same cost as a hotel.

If you are wanting a hotel though, the Park Grove Inn was in a great location and the rooms seemed larger than most hotel rooms I have visited. The views aren't great though, but the price was good.

Edited: 1:54 pm, February 23, 2013
Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
225 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

I recently was checking out bearskin lodge and old creek lodge which look nice and close to activities in downtown area. We decided to get a cabin rental but I would check these out. Good Luck

paintsville ky
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

I second Park Grove Inn, in Pigeon Forge in fact that's where I'm writing this review from. I am here for the weekend. I have stayed here for years and have never been disappointed, in fact I ask to see their 2 bedroom family suite this morning and I booked it for June, that way my son will have his own bedroom and his own tv, with a shared bath. The first room has a vanity area and a king bed with tv and an ironing board and a place to hang your clothes up then there is the bathroom also with a vanity between the rooms and the other bedroom has a queen bed and a pullout loveseat, it also has a small fridge and a microwave.

The hotel is very nice and the best staff around, they even know me by name now. The hotel is very quiet at night and you can walk to Waldens Landing, very close to everything.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
293 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

I agree that Appleview River Resort in Sevierville is very nice. We stayed there 2 years ago in their condos across the street from the river, and this summer we'll stay right on the river.

The location is perfect. It's tucked away far enough off of the parkway to be quiet, but still close to everything. The staff there could not be friendlier.

Lockport
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

Thanks for all the great information. We are looking forward to the trip!!

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
152 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

Best Western Zoders Inn should be quiet id also look at Jack Huffs Motor Lodge. I would think given its location the Best Western woulb be quiet and the location is good.

Ada, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

Just my opinion, but my family and I took a vacation to there last may. We rented a cabin for the same price as the motels. After that, I will NEVER get a motel again. It was awesome. We were six miles out of pigeon forge. Took less than ten minutes to be at the first traffic light on the south side of pigeon forge. We used American Patriot Getaways. So easy, I never had to even talk to a person. Booked it, called the day we arrived and got a gate code and entry code for the cabin. Done. Walk in and start enjoying. When you are done, simply clean up a little and walk out, putting the key back in the lock box. Absolutely beautiful cabin we stayed in. The drive is steep and winding but is on a paved road. If its in the winter time for your trip, you'll have to take that into consideration. We used "Wild Bills" cabin. Beautiful.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
666 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

If it was me, I would choose Pigeon Forge, just for the central location and ease of getting around. If you are looking for a hotel, not a cabin, check out the Park Tower Inn. They are on a little side road that is literally right off the main drag, so it is close by. They have a nice indoor pool and lazy river, and an awesome hot tub.

Have you considered a cabin? More room to spread out, and you can be within minutes of town. Plus your own private hot tub and alot of cabin even have pool tables or other game tables. Hope you have fun!!

Karen

Missouri
Level Contributor
118 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

PF has been the most central location for our activities. We stayed north of Sevierville once and found it really added to our travel time each day. We have stayed in a cabin slightly off the PF parkway, close to Dollwood. It has a beautiful view, but only takes about ten minutes to reach town. I find Gatlinburg makes me claustrophobic!

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to stay - gatlinburg, pigeon forge or Sevierville

From a different perspective, we tried a cabin on a visit and realized we were hotel people. Swimming is an important part of a vacation for us, so that was the main reason.